Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-24-2000, 10:10 AM   #1
dodo

Hi, I am completely new to this game, can anyone give me some suggetions as to how to start playing..............I mean how do I create the characters at the beginning of the game?
Old 09-24-2000, 10:54 AM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

You might want to start by reading the instruction book, there are a couple of pages about character creation. There are four core class groups to choose from (Warrior, Priests, Mage and Rouge), I suggest you have two or three warriors, one Priest, one or two Mages, and a thief. You might want to include a Bard instead of a fighter and/or a Mage, this is entirely up to the player which style suits him best. Personally I find the Bard quite useless if you have a Mage with high Intelligence and Wisdom since this gives him a very high lore value.

When rolling attrinutes all classes have their special prime Requisites, they are as following;

Warrior: Strength (Constitution and Dexterity are highly secommended as well, the Paladin and Ranger need Wisdom for high Level priest spells and the Paladin charisma)
Priest: Wisom (Dexterity,Constitution and Strength recommended as well, the Druid needs Charisma aswell)
Mage: Intelligence (Dexterity and Constitution quite useful, Wisdom for high Lore values)
Thief: Dexterity (Constitution and strength in case he gets in a fight)
Bard: Dexterity (Intelligence for spellsand Lore, Wisdom for Lore and Charisma)
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2000, 10:27 PM   #3
Larry

Yes, listen to dragonslayer...I am only going to second-motion his opinion...
You will want to maximize the points he pointed out...For example...Your fighter needs only to be strong and hopefully fast...That is Strength and Dexterity...Constitution is also good...he does not need to be smart to kill.
Now the Ones who need to learn Spells, they do need brains, but no strength is needed...(but spend a little on dexterity...it helps them dodge bullets, per say...
(blah, blah, you get the idea...have Fun !)