Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 09-17-2000, 11:39 AM   #1
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

I've just installed TotSC (as some of you already know ), and I was looking at the party provided in the Mission Pack.
One thing that struck me was that the main character (a fighter, like mine) has the Vampiric Touch special ability, in addition to the Draw on Holy Might (DoHM) which I also have. But in my game, my PC has 2 of DoHM but missed out Vampiric Touch (better than the equivalent of 2 Cure Light Wounds)! Does this mean that the special abilities 'dreamed' up by your PC is not fixed? How in the (gaming) world is this possible?
I suspect one factor may be the mixed alignment of his party composition - his PC (NG), Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Vicona, and Edwin. Btw, I would consider this 'cheating', since he has broken up 2(!) of the original NPC pairs, but it is one of the nicest combos I've seen. Any ideas/hard fact/personal experiences, anyone?
Citing my own experience, I have:
2 Cure Light Wounds, 2 Cure Poison, and 2 DoHM; respectively gained in successive chapters.

PS Do you get a dream in Chpt 1?
PPS While the topic is on special abilities, what's your favourite one (including those of NPCs)? Mine's Branwen's; the satisfying metallic 'clunk' sound of her calling on her Spiritual Hammer and the graphics of the hammer itself are damn cool!!
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2000, 04:55 PM   #2
stred
Welcomed New User

well for reputation above 10 you get: and for below 10 you get:
1. Cure Light Wounds 1. Larloch's Minor Drain
2. Cure Light Wounds 2. Larloch's Minor Drain
3. Slow Poison 3. Ghoul Touch
4. Slow Poison 4. Ghoul Touch
5. Draw Upon Holy Might 5. Vampiric Touch
6. Draw Upon Holy Might 6. Vampiric Touch
stred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2000, 05:19 PM   #3
Adhrael

i thought abilities depended on alignment. I would be great to have 2 larloch, 2 slow poison, 1 vampiric and 1 draw.

About favourite abilities, I have never played with him but i tried amage/cleric outside BG that had invisibility. That is great !!!