Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-09-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001902&p=

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=013269

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:56 PM   #2
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I know---I didn't wait the proscribed 15 min [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Hi everybody! Hope your day is as sunny as here--altho it is very windy!
Old 01-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hello everyone, how has life been treating you all?
*remembers he should be doing somewhat more work than he is right now*
Well, I bid you all good day, night, or other time of day, depending on location. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OK everyone, after Johnny's last little dig at me...I'm inclined to ask you all to A) keep the panty lines down and B) find out if Johnny is REAL or a figment of CD's imagination.

I leave it to you all, as I'm not well today and must go, but see if he has a job, friends, a love life, does anything when he isn't drinking... oopsie.. silly me.. make that does anything else besides drink [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] j/k! .... LOL

Seriously, though---"Crappy days" are real enough and there's nothing wrong with anyone talking about their days or their feelings about them... but not everyone wants to watch roleplaying get over the top- that's why I asked for it to stop, not because people can't discuss their good AND bad days around here. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

This place started because a lot of members wanted to talk about things going on in their lives or little things happening each day like the weather or what they wanted to do on vacation. All of which was considered 'spam' in other people's threads and yet not enough to warrant a separate thread. So the Cafe was created to be a place for chit chat like that. We had a lot of problems when it went to total spam/roleplay and Ziroc requested that rp (swords and such) be done on the RP board, so I'm obliging our webmaster by asking that the 'roleplay' here be minimal and the 'real' converstations be the focus. So no offense to the panty-brigade, but that sort of thing is fine for a few posts and should stop at that point, especially if there's a conversation going on or someone asks to have it stop. Technically we aren't allowed rp at all, but we do get lots of leeway and I'm perfectly happy to let it go for small runs if it slows up and stops before getting out of hand. And nobody is being singled out here.. well, ok, we still gotta prove johnny exists, but what I mean is, I'm not taking anyone to task, just asking everyone to remember it's a place for all to come and chat and if roleplay is in your blood on a particular day, hop over to the RolePlay forum!

Anyway, gang, have a great evening, I'm off to try and sleep some more.

[ 01-09-2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-09-2003, 05:13 PM   #5
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Hope you feel better tomorrow, Cloudy.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:23 PM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
find out if Johnny is REAL or a figment of CD's imagination.
MY IMAGINATION!?! [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] Cloudy, how COULD you even think of SUGGESTING that my imaginiation is THAT warped! *gasps*. Seriously tho, I hope you DO get better. Sleep well Cloudykins.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Get well soon Cloudy. [img]smile.gif[/img] I´ll keep a close eye on Calthypoo while you are gone. Hmm no singling out? But it is soo much fun to tease CD. LLAO! Seriously though I think we can have, ehmm, less serious discussions without ending up with role-playing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Calthypoo, I did see the "How are you doing" part but answering that is not as funny as teasing. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyways I´m fine. Sleeping 8 hours a day once more. To you who never have had any children yet; cherish your sleep!! Luckily Joshua is a very docile little boy. And no, we don´t use valium!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:40 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL, Willow, I dont plan on having any children - and if I did, its not for a looooooooong looooooooooooong time [img]tongue.gif[/img] . And stop victimising me Willow! pick on Johnny! steal his beer or something. Well, its nice your getting YOUR rest hehe.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:43 PM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Steal johnny´s bear?!? I´m not in the mood to commit suicide you know! You´re not planning on having kids? Really? Why not? They are a blessing! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-09-2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 01-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #10
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Steal johnny´s bear?!? I´m not in the mood to commit suicide you know! You´re not planning on having kids? Really? Why not? They are a blessing! [img]smile.gif[/img]
You left out part of the quote Willow. Children are a blessing.....once they leave home. One down and two to go.