Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2003, 05:06 AM   #121
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Oh not that this is completly relevant to what you just said in any way (sorry your life sounds pretty damn sweet ) but I remembered something else that the basket sent my way today.

Today I was at my rowing club as usual and the weather conditions were pretty bad, the wind was blowing pretty hard (bear in mind we row on the sea). Uusually when we take our boats down to the pier by the club we have to "backer" with our oars so that we get to the open water of the sea. Today though the wind was so strong that boats and oars were being sent flying in every direction, obviouslly not when we got in the water (my squad consisting of about 16 people). When in the water our boats were dragged quickly out to sea and I told my friend (I row on a double boat with another guy) that this outing would be a piece of cake with the wind helping us along, our trainer then told us we'd be going against the wind much to our dismay. Grudgingly we all turned around and got ready.

I told my friend to row and the next thing i know I gust of wind hits the side of the boat our right arms tilt and so the oar gets dragged under water and we tip into the briny depths of the sea (which is usually full of traffic consisting of oil tankers, police speedboats and tugboats ) Much to our dimsay our wodws didn't reach our comrades ears because of the wind and so we were forced to swim back to the pier dragging the boat behind us 20 minutes later we start yelling profanities at the elements (we couldn't before 'cause we were too cold to string sentences together) and then we hit the showers. It was one hell of an experience which very rower thinks will not happen to them...boy was I wrong

Edit-Oops, I have a tendency to waffle on about things...in a nutshell I fell in during one of my rowing sessions
Go do your homework boy
Old 03-11-2003, 05:08 AM   #122
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Oh not that this is completly relevant to what you just said in any way (sorry your life sounds pretty damn sweet ) but I remembered something else that the basket sent my way today.

Today I was at my rowing club as usual and the weather conditions were pretty bad, the wind was blowing pretty hard (bear in mind we row on the sea). Uusually when we take our boats down to the pier by the club we have to "backer" with our oars so that we get to the open water of the sea. Today though the wind was so strong that boats and oars were being sent flying in every direction, obviouslly not when we got in the water (my squad consisting of about 16 people). When in the water our boats were dragged quickly out to sea and I told my friend (I row on a double boat with another guy) that this outing would be a piece of cake with the wind helping us along, our trainer then told us we'd be going against the wind much to our dismay. Grudgingly we all turned around and got ready.

I told my friend to row and the next thing i know I gust of wind hits the side of the boat our right arms tilt and so the oar gets dragged under water and we tip into the briny depths of the sea (which is usually full of traffic consisting of oil tankers, police speedboats and tugboats ) Much to our dimsay our wodws didn't reach our comrades ears because of the wind and so we were forced to swim back to the pier dragging the boat behind us 20 minutes later we start yelling profanities at the elements (we couldn't before 'cause we were too cold to string sentences together) and then we hit the showers. It was one hell of an experience which very rower thinks will not happen to them...boy was I wrong

Edit-Oops, I have a tendency to waffle on about things...in a nutshell I fell in during one of my rowing sessions
Go do your homework boy

thanks for all the birthday wishes, I will use them to good effect I fully got hit the sack but everyone sleep well and have fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 05:49 AM   #123
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Wellard, you have a deal. I take it you prefer Grolsch ?
Old 03-11-2003, 06:02 AM   #124
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Go do your homework boy

thanks for all the birthday wishes, I will use them to good effect I fully got hit the sack but everyone sleep well and have fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
OK so you added some text to the second one but still:

Dunda double-posted! Nyah! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL! OK sorry about that.

Happy birthday Dunda! [img]graemlins/happybirthday.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] How are you? HavenŽt seen you in a while?

OK Calthy since it is your birthday today IŽll say this once more; Happy Birthday. [img]smile.gif[/img] There.

Attalus, going to sleep at 12.20am? On a work night?

Good morning people. IŽm in a splendid mood today. IT looks like we are going to have a most wonderful day. Not a cloud on the sky, and it (the sky) is coming alive in the most beautiful colors. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hi johnny. How is your apartment faring? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 06:19 AM   #125
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Waiting for the 25th Willow, i can't do much else around here.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:47 AM   #126
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Of course you can johnny. You can plan! What curtains to get, where to put the couch etc. Or more importantly, where to put all the beer.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:54 AM   #127
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Of course you can johnny. You can plan! What curtains to get, where to put the couch etc. Or more importantly, where to put all the beer. [/QUOTE]I'm not THAT ignorant Willow The beer is in the fridge, and the kitchen is as good as done. New curtains are already in front of the windows, and the couch is going back to the exact same spot where it was before.

Like i said, there's nothing more i can do but wait.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #128
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
my god, 11 years old eh TheGrandSlayer, hell now your making me feel old ... hadn't even heard of the internet when I was 11 ... very few people had computers even :/ (/me starts going grey)

anyway I'm sorry to here about your girlfriend/acquaintance running off with another bloke just like that but there are plenty more fish in the sea
oh and incidentally I don't think it's Tyler who's the jerk it's actually the girl if you think about it.
Gazardul menu ked gamelu pethem, Dwarvish for Your wisdom is as ancient as stone. Thanks
Heres the link to where I learned that
http://www.geocities.com/khazadium/language.html
Old 03-11-2003, 05:07 PM   #129
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

new cafe

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=014517