Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #11
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Dedzy:
Lauren,
Would you please in your own words define 'fate'? I am inclined to agree with Shadowhound though. Fate smacks of destiny and superstition though, which I am a firm non-believer in.
Fate - a power controlled from the powers that be, that places events in advance for people to go through (in other words our lives are controlled)
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 06-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #12
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Fate is commonly used to define the idea that life as we know it is meant to happen the way it happened. All that has happened or will happen has been defined long before it ever comes to pass. People who take fate to an extreme (at least an extreme in my opinion) believe that free will is only an illusion and that we really don't have any control at all.

I sit somewhere in the middle. Some things will happen no matter what, but it's not always the case.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 06-09-2004, 01:06 AM   #13
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Just so you know, now that I know that there is a ban on religious topics i will no longer be placing anything like this until the ban has been taken off.
I will try and think of something else to talk about ...if I can...lol [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."