Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2001, 12:40 AM   #21
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
Sorry LadyRae, my baby girl woke up and I had to go for a minute. I am doing ok. Thanks for asking. You know, it makes me feel good to know that you care enough to ask how I am. I will have to email you and tell you what I am having surgery for. That's if you want to know. I think that you are the only one who even noticed that I kept saying that I was taking pain meds.

I have noticed, but I wasn't sure if you wanted it commented on, so I backed off. Didn't want to point it out, especially since you backed off telling us why earlier. Just trying not to point out something you were hesitant to share.

BK
Old 03-13-2001, 12:49 AM   #22
Draconia

AAWWW BK, I didn't mean to make it sound that way. I would rather not explain what my surgery is for here. I think I explained that on a post here. I just don't know how some of the guys would react to it. I just thought maybe no one was reading what I was posting except for LadyRae and The.Relic. Kind of felt like I was being overlooked. Thank you BK, it is nice to know that you do care.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-13-2001, 12:50 AM   #23
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:

My main concern about saying why I am on pain meds and why I am having surgery is that I feel like some of the young members here would probably not want to know about it. And also some of the men here. I don't know how they would react. The sad thing is after I have my surgery, I will not be able to come here for about 2 weeks and I will miss you so much. And I will also miss some of the other friends that I have made and show such concern for me. After those 2 weeks, I will be back.

As one of those young men, I DO care, and I DO want to know, if only to help ease the burden for you. Sometimes it is easier if you share the load. But I am trying to balance the need to listen to your problems with the need to respect your privacy. You will be missed, but just make sure that you do get back.

BK
Old 03-13-2001, 12:57 AM   #24
Draconia

BK, you are so sweet. In a way I do want to say what the surgery is for and then again..... I just don't know. I don't mind sharing what is wrong. Let me think on it. I will be back, that is for sure. I love this place. I am going to try and come in here as much as I can until April 4th. Thank you for your support. It means alot to me.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-13-2001, 01:01 AM   #25
Black Knight

My email is there if you want it. I promise not to run away screaming . . . much

BK

------------------
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night

[This message has been edited by Black Knight (edited 03-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Black Knight (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-13-2001, 01:01 AM   #26
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Draconia,
Good night, dear sister, I need a little catch-up in the sleep department... Sweetdreams... Until tomorrow, then. Be good to yourself!

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-13-2001, 01:03 AM   #27
Draconia

BK- LMAO you just might run away and run away fast plus screaming loud.
LadyRae- Good night and sweet dreams my sweet sister.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen

[This message has been edited by Draconia (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-13-2001, 07:01 AM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Draconia: I have noticed. And have thought I should respect your privacy as well. Not everyone wants to discuss such things with the world. I'm here too, should you need a feminine ear or a shoulder to cry on. You are a very sweet and kind woman and I wish you all the best in this upcoming surgery and recovery. I don't get to read as many different threads as I'd like to these days, but I'm here. My email is in profile too. Please take care of yourself and those darling little ones!

Cloudy

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-13-2001, 07:15 AM   #29
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Draconia, my dear!
My shoulder and my ear are always there for you wahtever you wish to talk about! i have taken an oath of secrecy as a company medic too so my lips are sealed as well .
I know that some matters are to personal to talk about with strangers but if a strangers support you ever would need, I am also here for you!

I hope life will bring all the good ever possible for you always!

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-13-2001, 07:56 AM   #30
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Awwwww heck! So many of my favorite people here at times when I am unavailable to chat!

Draconia, Keep up your good spirits. They will go a long way toward making this ordeal more bearable for you. The happiest & saddest thing about online friendships is that you meet people from all over the world. I wish we lived closer to each other to give immediate support as needed.

Best wishes my dragon-loving-friend.

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.