Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 10:45 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
This is for Liliara, Talthyr Malkaviel, Legolas and Shadow
continued from:
reopening: the Sunnyvile

A clashing sound had stopped the party in Sunnyvile abruptly. A man cursed loudly outside the bar as a 'thump' sound was heard. It was a horse kicking and bone cracking sound. Then you heard someone fell on the dust.

Something is happening in the stable

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 11:05 PM   #2
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

OOC: Stable?

IC: ::Liliara jumps from her seat, almost knocking the chair to the floor before it regained it's balance and simply teatered back and forth, coming to a stop at it's own leisure.:: Drak! ::she rushes to the front door, her hand on her sword, and shoves it open to find the cause of the ruccus::

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-28-2001, 11:08 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Liliara

As you kicked the door open, you felt wind blushing over your face with a high pitched piercing sound coming from the shadow. A dart flew to your face, you could smell the dreadful poison soaked on the head of the dart.

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 11:21 PM   #4
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

::The dart barely missed as she came out of the tavern. She could still feel the place on her skin where the wind from the dart had blazed it's path. She dropped quickly, hoping the few wooden pilings that made up the tavern's entryway would offer some cover. She stayed low, debating her next move. She made for the doorway, reamang crouched. Once inside, she approached the nearest serving wench, all manners put aside as she grasped the wide eyed girl by the fabric of her scarce coverings:: A back door! I must get to the stable! ::She held on to the girl awaiting an answer. She would not be assissinated here! Not today!::

------------------

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-28-2001, 11:35 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The little girl was shocked by the manner change of the seemingly graceful lady. She struggled many moments, and couldn't let out a word.

It was Julia who saved the day. She hastily pointed the kitchen, said"
go through there, once outside, go around Sunnyvile, you can reach the horse stable."

She looked at the dart, then added: "be careful"
Old 10-28-2001, 11:43 PM   #6
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

::Liliara let go of the girl, sorry she had been so harsh, but she couldn't take time to apologize now. Obviously Nalagath had caouth wind of where she was (or at least his hired thugs had) and she was no longer safe here. She glanced around the bar to be sure they hadn't entered yet, then made her way to the back door. She stopped a moment to withdraw her sword and think for a moment before rushing out. Surely they would have all of their angles covered. She had to have a plan before making her way to the stables.::

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-28-2001, 11:57 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Res was knocked out when Liliara charged to the doorway. Now he barely managed on his feet. Breathing a frustrated sigh: "
why cannot people relax sometimes?"

Then he saw the next thing, a dart stuck five inchs from where he fell. He was surprised, and turned immediately to Vangard.

Vangard was still drinking happily, completely unaware of the events around him, a not-so-abnormal dwarven behavior once under the spell of fine meads. singing possibily a dwarven song: "rockie rockie ho ho ho ho, her her arghhh, .... ceilings... are failing, chuncks lalala..."

The soldier was already moving, with his fine polished two handed sword unsheathed. Following Liliara closely, he motioned to the table.

Deux, the barkeep, covered his facein terror: "oh, noooo, not another one! You better be sure to pay the damage!"

Without responding, the soldier hit the table with his sword hard, break it in half, small enough to go through the entrance. Putting away his weapon, he held the table like a shield, then looked at Liliara determinedly: "I'll go first, it is my duty."

"Might and Strength!" He roared as he charges through the door way

"Idiot!" Res cursed, then yelled to the new recruit, the human sorcerer, "Do something!"
Old 10-29-2001, 12:09 AM   #8
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

::Liliara follows the soldier closely, wishing she had more time to explain to him that this wasn't his fight. Right now, taking time to say that would surely get them both killed. If she had more time, she would have indulged in her admiration for him at taking this upon himself, but right now, she simply kept close to him. She keeps an eye out to be sure nothing approaches from behind, her sword ready.::

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-29-2001, 12:18 AM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

several darts hit the table the moment Liliara and the soldier stepped out of the inn. The soldier visibly tensed as he held the table securely, and continued his advance.

It is relatively open outside the bar, several bushs offered perfect protections for the assasins at such dimlighted night. A rushing wind from the side, followed by a metal clashing sound against the soldier's full plate armor, the dart was deflected harmlessly.

The two were surronded, three figures came out of the shadow and began a bold advance. Long swords in hand, two of them coming from the side, trying to make a cut between Liliara and the shielding soldier. The third assasin came from front, and assasulted the table rapidly. At least two more are still hiding.

A soft voice spoke: "Time to meet your mother, my lady."

You cannot detect the source of the voice.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:36 AM   #10
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

The words of the voice cut through Liliara like knives, her fear immediately turns to anger. The lessons learned from Magnus come clearly to her head as the first assassin makes his charge. His sword swings towards her as she brings her own to meet it, catching him off balance enough for her to bring her sword back around and make a clean cut in his side. He staggers a moment and turns back towards the shelter of the other waiting assassins::

------------------

LH Member