Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-17-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Seeing as how the entire Elder Scrolls forum appears to have shrunk to one page, it looks like it could do with some activity [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, to all you adventurers out there, what mods are your favourite and which ones add the most to your gaming experience?

So far, I have the hedgewizard's hovel (a bit disappointing) along with the Magick Sanctum to live in. I've also got 'no psychic guards', adventuring spells (which gives mark and recall) and have just installed a massive rebalancing mod which looks quite interesting. Possibly going to investigate a ranger mod of some kind.

Share away folks... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-17-2006, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:01 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I assume you're talking Morrowind here ?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Ahem, nope, Oblivion actually. Dplax's diary inspired me to pick it up again and I was mod hunting last night for my new game [img]smile.gif[/img] Amended the title.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, yesterday i have finished Oblivion for the second time, this time with a bunch of plugins installed, and so far i had most benefits from the plugin that puts a chest in the Dark Brotherhood's hideout, containing two potions of instant cure vampirism, which comes in quite handy if you became a vampire without even knowing you got infected, like what happened to me the first time. If you don't wanna go through all the hassle to find ingredients for the cure, i really recommend this one.

Another, and probably my most favourite, is the mod that puts a chest somewhere in Leyawynn, containing a decent bow, and all sorts of special arrows. Kinda like the Fletcher shop plugin in Morrowind. Among the arrows you'll find 200 highly explosive arrows, that will kill anyone standing too close to whatever you aimed for. There are also arrows that silence opponents, excellent for taking on mages, arrows that paralyze opponents, and arrows of instant death, one shot, one kill, perfect for characters that like to sneak up on opponents from behind, and kill them without a sound. The good thing about those instant death arrows is that they can be used multiple times, depending on which target you were aiming for. Kill a troll, and there's a good chance the arrow is lost, same for Spectres and Willo-the -wisps. But wen you kill humans or orcs, you can pull the arrow out of their dead bodies, and use it again on your next target. There's also 200 of those, and once they're all used up, you can't get another bundle, so be sure to check the corpses if the arrows are still good and recollect them, it would be a waste to leave them behind.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:44 AM   #5
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

After getting a feel for the "vanilla" version, i went and downloaded about 50 small mods, most of which have been tested and are now permanent additions to my game. The only ones i can think to mention for their usefulness are the ones that change gameplay elements that i thought were a bit stupid. I'll edit back with a list...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Instant death arrows, eh? Sound useful!

I've installed Ancient Source which gives you an amazing estate, but the items inside are really overpowered for a starting character so am staying away.

The game-altering one I'm trying is "Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul".
Old 08-19-2006, 03:13 AM   #7
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok, the mods that i'd recommend. All of them acquired from The Elder Scrolls Source. In no particular order:

BT_mod - Dozens of small, interface changes that make the PC version much less xBoxy. The way it should've been in the first place.

Gem Price Fix - multiplies gem and jewellery values by 10 so that a flawless diamond the size of a grape is now worth more than 100 grapes...

Bounty reduction over time - a little bit more realistic way of handling your character's wanted level.

Easier Black Soul Gems - Gems can now be made at the dark altars 24/7.

Movable bodies.

Jarol's NPC equipment mod - changes npc lists so that you won't always recieve the best loot available.

Arrow damage_1.5x - More realistic arrow damage. Makes the marksman skill a worthwhile skill selection.

Alt start with main quest cut off - Character now starts in Leyawiin without a poxy, undroppable amulet.

Poison apples as poison ingredient - At alchemy skill level 100, poison apples can be used as an ingredient to create insta-kill poisons.

Easy Spell Removal. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Bookplacing. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

CM Blackie the fence - creates an npc in the waterfront district that acts as a fence for non thieves' guild members.

Remote Life Detect - adds a spell that enables the player to track an npc's exact whereabouts from anywhere on the map. Very handy for assassin type stuff.

Quest Award levelling - Certain special quest rewards now level up with the character instead of being stuck at the level they were when you recieved them.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #8
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Another, and probably my most favourite, is the mod that puts a chest somewhere in Leyawynn, containing a decent bow, and all sorts of special arrows. Kinda like the Fletcher shop plugin in Morrowind.
Where can this mod be found/downloaded?

thanks
ASW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:55 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ASW:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Another, and probably my most favourite, is the mod that puts a chest somewhere in Leyawynn, containing a decent bow, and all sorts of special arrows. Kinda like the Fletcher shop plugin in Morrowind.
Where can this mod be found/downloaded?

thanks
[/QUOTE]You can find it here, look for the "extreme marksman" mod.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #10
Tyrion
Quintesson

the nude patch is always nice, and so is the better bodies one.