Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-28-2000, 01:07 PM   #1
ranger

Sorry, but I just can't get the Serpent Temple. I've killed everything in sight, got a key from the first wizard, and got the snake idol from the underwater cave, but don't know what else to do. The prisoner won't talk to me, I never found the lockpicks I hear he wants. The gypsy told my fortune, but didn't ask me for the serpent wand. Haven't figured out how to open those iron doors with the coin slot and lever. Haven't found the serpent priest I'm supposed to kill for the guild. I've been wondering around here for days, so, if you would, please spoil away. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2000, 01:40 PM   #2
HORRORBYTE

HI

)

Old 10-28-2000, 01:44 PM   #3
Silversword

You need to get the four monkey idols. This will open the secret area of the library giving you access to one of the three items needed to complete some special rites.

Old 10-28-2000, 05:55 PM   #4
Regis
Welcomed New User

You get Hthark's (sp?) Lockpicks from Gorthius, whose haunt is southeast of Valeia. From what I've read here, the prisoner will speak if you offer him money as well. Depending on how the game works, either Gorthius is still there waiting to be spoken to or has already been killed, so you'll have to act accordingly.

The Fortune Teller probably won't speak about the taking the Serpent Wand until you get the specific Quest that involves her (Magic Shoppe in Valeia).
Old 10-28-2000, 06:09 PM   #5
HORRORBYTE

Hi

its a while ago I played that part, but still want to help so I took the easy way
here you go

Q: What do I do with these Monkey statues I keep finding?
A: When you reach the library, look closely at the floor markings. See how the two bookshelfs against the
wall have a grey line on the floor connecting them to two other bookcases on the adjacent wall? Place each
of the four Monkey Statues in the bookcases that these gray lines lead to, and an elevator will open up
leading to the high priest’s hidden chambers. Be sure to get his Serpent Staff, you NEED it.

Q: I’m in a room with a huge wheel that lowers a metal plate whats that do?
A: Underneath that room is a spider hatching room. Kill the spiders, steal an egg (or two) and drop them
into the area where the metal plate crashes down. Take an empty potion flask (You can find three flasks in
the Temple Kitchen) and put one on the Flask grill underneath the wheel room and then operate the
wheel to send the metal plate down onto the spider eggs. It will squish the eggs into liquid and the liquid
will drain out into the flask bottle. Retrive your flask and you’ll see you now have Spider Nectar.

Q: I got to a room with a Brazier and a golden snake altar behind it. What does it do?
A: First use the incense on the Brazier. (Yet again, thanks to Josh Adelson for that!) You can get the incense
by putting a coin in the coin slot underneath the serpent statue you find earlier in the dungeon. You must
then take the Spider Elixir and put it on the Brazier. A flame will erupt. Wave the Serpent Staff over the
flame and Xydusa will appear. She will quiz your characters, trying to determine if you are for real or just
out to kill her. (she doesn’t need to know yet!!) Read the Book of Servants to get the answers to her questions.
Speak them to her, and a door will open behind her in the snake altar. Enter it, but make sure everyone is at
FULL HEALTH before you do, because you will take major falling damage.

Old 10-30-2000, 02:08 PM   #6
SwampThing

I didn't find the prisoner's keys, I just gave him 2000 and he said he'd tell me what ever it was i needed to know. give it a try.

Old 10-30-2000, 02:09 PM   #7
SwampThing

Gave him some money after I had give him some other key sets. He didn't cooperate until I gave him the money.