Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-10-2001, 07:21 AM   #11
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Thanks for all the advice, just one more thing. I got Viconia in my party, that will be enough reason then to ditch Anomen. I'll see I guess. Thanks anyway

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
Old 09-10-2001, 09:29 AM   #12
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Anomen VS Victoria

HP
Anomen 10
Victoria 5

PSYCHIAL STATS (str,con,dex)
Anomen 9 - 6 - 9
Viky 5 - 10 - 4

MENTAL STATS (wil,int,cha)
Anomen 8
Victoria 9

CARRY WEIGHT
Anomen 10
Victoria 3

WEAPON USE, PROFICIENCY
Anomen 10
Viconia 4

SEXAPEL
Anomen -4
Viky 10 (if you love drows)
Old 09-10-2001, 11:07 AM   #13
Vampire

Anomen is power game to the extreme.
5*s on the war hammer and you are away.
Viconia is 63% Magical Resistant. Beat that Wizards.

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 03:28 PM   #14
oldbittercraig
Elminster

Viconia loses the 'paper battle' to anomen hands down. I'd still rather have her in any Neutral or Evil party.
Old 09-25-2001, 10:45 AM   #15
Tina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I LOVE Anomen !
He's an good fighter, good stats and some nice spells to boost him. He won't die so quickly like Viconia (Con 9 and strength 9 or something), as said above if you do his quest the right way, he will become a decent cleric.
AND as a female I LOVED his character (though he nearly drove me mad in the beginning). Like a real world man he is quite annoying, but unlike a real wolrd man if you're patient he will later turn out to be real cute and sweet AND he listens to your advice !!!!! *big sigh*
And did you ever notice his beautiful blue eyes ? So sad ! And his soft and melancholic smile ?!? ahhhhhh .....
Old 09-25-2001, 10:58 AM   #16
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
You're right. Mazzy is a really underrated NPC. I more or less ignored her the first time I played through, but I tried her out on my second go and she is really quite effective. Especially, as you've pointed out, with an infinite ammo bow. Plus she's cheerful, loyal and often amusing. I also really like the voice acting on her.

I'd recommend anyone who hasn't given Mazzy a go to try her out... you never know... you may just like her.

Mazzy is one of the best NPC's for a roleplaying game. She's
sincere, good voice, and she's not annoying. Anomen does
nothing but whine and complain. If he's supposed to become
a knight, why is he always threatening voilence for any snide
comment directed at him? Is it just me, or does Mazzy seem to
know everyone in every town. (Love the gifts.)
Old 09-25-2001, 11:00 AM   #17
Tancred
White Dragon

Anomen is, I'm sorry to say, rock hard. Capable fighter, gains a shedload of HPs - far more than most characters. Has an arsenal of useful spells that can boost his fighting ability no end, and heal, turn away Undead, wear excellent armor, use quite a few weapons... he formed the third man of the Tancred-Minsc-Anomen-Jahiera fighter team that more or less kicked the hell out of anything all the way from Irenicus' Dungeon to the Throne of Bhaal.
He may start out ok, but he gets better unlike many other NPCs - what you see is what you get. Believe me, even with a standard hammer, cast Righteous Magic, Draw Upon Holy Might and haste the guy and he becomes incredible! With some powerful items - Crom Faeyr, some powerful plate armour, a decent shield, a few magical protections - he's almost unbeatable and indestructible. AND ou meet him almost immediately after getting into Amn, so he earns Experience right off the bat. Sorry, can't rate the guy high enough.
Old 09-25-2001, 01:16 PM   #18
hagimihale
Manshoon

Anomen does have a rather annoying attitude but he's been very solid for me so far. I've actually been carrying both him and Viconia in my group for a while and its worked out fine. There are so many quests that involve undead that it was a help to have access to twice the # of cleric spells.

Now I have to choose between them as I want to add Keldorn into the party. Might decide to keep both and drop Jahiera instead: her multiclass status makes for very slow level development. But I have to say that Jahiera's summon insects and insect swarm spells have been very useful against mages. Tough decision here.

As for Mazzy... she was the most effective ranged weapons NPC I used (with Tansheron's bow) but I didnt find her as effective in close quarters. Maybe I needed to keep her a little longer. I will admit that her personality is pretty cool.
Old 09-25-2001, 01:19 PM   #19
Kitty
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Tina:
I LOVE Anomen !
He's an good fighter, good stats and some nice spells to boost him. He won't die so quickly like Viconia (Con 9 and strength 9 or something), as said above if you do his quest the right way, he will become a decent cleric.
AND as a female I LOVED his character (though he nearly drove me mad in the beginning). Like a real world man he is quite annoying, but unlike a real wolrd man if you're patient he will later turn out to be real cute and sweet AND he listens to your advice !!!!! *big sigh*
And did you ever notice his beautiful blue eyes ? So sad ! And his soft and melancholic smile ?!? ahhhhhh .....
I'm happy to see you also love Anomen, like me. Once I played as a female, I found out that under his brashness there was a candid person. Anomen is one of the most hated NPCs among the players (by what I see on this forum), and sometimes I see myself forced to agree - by the way, that's not easy to stand someone who brags on and on about his accomplishments.
As you've pointed out, if you have some patience, he gets really nice. And besides, his powers are tremendous. Those who never had him in the party don't know what his Turn Undead can do!

Old 09-25-2001, 01:37 PM   #20
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Anomen can cast better Cleric spells than Aerie and give him 5* on war hammers with the Crom Fayer and watch him kick some butt.