Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 02:39 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
It's not segregation cloudy. Folks are not being forbidden to see the new forum. They just now have the choice of whether they want to be there or not.
Yes, and if you check Skywalker's thread in GD you will see I support this forum. What I do not support is being told that if a person doesn't like being insulted or baited he/she should leave and not read here. It is possible to debate a subject and not call someone a name or use 'bait' to egg THEM into flaming. That is all we ask.

Dio, I will not do the fingerpointing thing for you so that you can go and individually 'disprove' any allegation of flaming/insult/sarcasm, which, my friend, is all I sense coming out of it. I do not wish to debate each word from each post and whether or not YOU find it insulting etc. You see, I already know that you don't find most of those things to be offensive. You simply say "ignore it, get a thicker skin,it's just a debate". But there are a number of people who do. They are not wrong simply because someone else can't empathize.

Dio, you seem to say that just because many of us want the unnecessary angry and insulting responses to stop, we are somehow advocating peace/love and waterlilies for all...hey.. man.. like nirvana.. lets like all sit and pick our toes... oooooooooh.. We aren't. We want to debate too. We want to discuss too! We don't want oil poured on our heads and a match lit because we disagree, is all!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-23-2001, 03:27 PM   #32
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Ouch, why do I feel that this targetted me (and a few others)?

the guilty flee where no man pursueth

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:28 PM   #33
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Cloudy, once again I am not saying that people shouldn't come here unless they want to be abused.

I happen to agree that we should strive to be as respectful as possible.

But if someone doesn't tell me who the "troublemakers" are that they keep referring to I am going to scream. I am getting the feeling that anyone who dares make a controversial post or challenge the majority opinion is on that list of "troublemakers," and yes this bothers the hell out of me.

Let me put it as bluntly as I can, am I, or am I not, considered one of the "troublemakers" that it has become so fashionable to insult through vague allegation and innuendo of late?

Ryanmur, if there are a people who are causing troubles, then hell yes they should be named. People can be incredibly obtuse and blind to their own faults at times, perhaps these people are completely oblivious to the fact that it is they who are being referred to. For crying out loud, let them know instead of hoping things will change by making vague allegations that they may or may not pick up on.

Do remember that I haven't been here for over a week. Perhaps things simply have gotten worse than I know. Remember that I have not had the chance to catch up on the threads. Please point me in the right direction here.

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:35 PM   #34
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Well JJ, not offended, just thinking it's poor taste and a wee bit provocative when there ARE people who have been offended or upset in this forum. You usually know better than that!

Dio.. I will answer you.. but it's gonna be a while before my 'passionate' side stops telling me to take out a contract on your disspasionate self

Actually, I'm at work, so I can't concentrate on long, serious postings... much as I'd like to just now.

Cloudy

Cloudsylph, puh-leeze tell me you was not uffended by lil' ol me? I had my tongue so firmly planted in my cheek, I required the heimlich manuever from Super Wal-Mart Kitty to be able to breath again.
I must have missed the comments that were able to make you feel ruffled to the point of loosing your silver lining, but the point is that you DO know me better than that. *sniffle* poor, misunderstood me... im gonna have to leave the board now...at least until i get back from work, which i will have to stay longer now because i gave myself an executive lunch....i think i may require the assistaznce of a 12-step support group to limit my time here so i can go to work in the am and after lunch without getting on here and vaporizing work hours like asteroids....

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 03:36 PM   #35
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
No, I don't think that a list is necessary. We would get into a pretty bad feud if we start listing percieved mongrels. People from one side would just list people from the other and vise versa. It's not worth it. It would only contribute to the problem rather than help fix it.

I don't like to look at this as one side versus another. We are all just individuals posting our own views. Sometimes those views overlap somewhat with others, sometimes not.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:38 PM   #36
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Ouch, talk about being suddle. Even if you might be right, I think that you owe a small apology to Yorick! Now, make sure that you guys don't let this degenerate!

I did not accuse him of anything that I did not also accuse myself of.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:48 PM   #37
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

you gotta be kiddin'

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 03:53 PM   #38
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
you gotta be kiddin'

What is this post referring to?

Old 10-23-2001, 04:06 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
No, I don't think that a list is necessary. We would get into a pretty bad feud if we start listing percieved mongrels. People from one side would just list people from the other and vise versa. It's not worth it. It would only contribute to the problem rather than help fix it.
Phil, I am gaining more and more respect for you by the day and with every post.

This is one reason I don't point fingers and name names.. it would degenerate into a 'debate' over whether or not a specific comment was or was not inflammatory!
I am an intelligent 41 yr old woman with plenty of life experience, if you think I can't tell when someone is flamed, baited or insulted, you insult me all over again! LOL!

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 04:07 PM   #40
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Yes, and if you check Skywalker's thread in GD you will see I support this forum. What I do not support is being told that if a person doesn't like being insulted or baited he/she should leave and not read here. It is possible to debate a subject and not call someone a name or use 'bait' to egg THEM into flaming. That is all we ask.

Dio, I will not do the fingerpointing thing for you so that you can go and individually 'disprove' any allegation of flaming/insult/sarcasm, which, my friend, is all I sense coming out of it. I do not wish to debate each word from each post and whether or not YOU find it insulting etc. You see, I already know that you don't find most of those things to be offensive. You simply say "ignore it, get a thicker skin,it's just a debate". But there are a number of people who do. They are not wrong simply because someone else can't empathize.

Dio, you seem to say that just because many of us want the unnecessary angry and insulting responses to stop, we are somehow advocating peace/love and waterlilies for all...hey.. man.. like nirvana.. lets like all sit and pick our toes... oooooooooh.. We aren't. We want to debate too. We want to discuss too! We don't want oil poured on our heads and a match lit because we disagree, is all!

Cloudy

What concerns me, Cloudy, is the posts where it has been implied by Ziroc himself, Sazerac, and some other members that this forum is going to soon get the axe.

I think the popularity of this forum, as evidenced by the sheer volume of posts in it, says a lot about how much some of us happen to want to keep it.

I would respectfully ask that those of you who do not approve of it, who continue to imply that it is nothing but a "toilet bowl" would have the basic courtesy to allow those of us who want to participate in it to be able to continue to do so.

Many of you who keep talking about the importance of courtesy and respect for others openly disregard what you yourselves are saying when it comes to talking about the people who happen to like the existence of this forum. Some of the grossest insults I have seen have been in general terms directed at the people who happen to like to come here.

Look, don't axe the forum. If you want to strictly enforce rules of decorum, by all means do so.

Closed Thread