Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2001, 11:37 PM   #1
G'kar

No seriously....In an agressive situation with a need to take charge and act, he's done it for a majority. But his policy decisions before that were seriously questionable by a considerable amount of the polled population. We KNOW the graciousness of our neighbors on this planet, as they generally show support as well as sympathy and condolence in wake of our great tragedy even after being rebuked nearly across the board on more than one serious agreement previously before. I am Thankful for the feeling of world community.

One point.

We need to speak loud and clear in the middle east peace process. The Bush non-approach to Isreali aggression is appalling, saying little to the gunship assination of politico-military palistienian leaders on terroist charges. No trial, No jury, No judge, Just execution. That is war, niether diplomacy, nor justice. Diplomacy pisses of extremists too, but I bet that war will piss em off even more. Peace between the Isreali and the palisteniens, icluding alot of people in the Islamic world was brought near than it had been in many months, only after the events of September eleventh. Since our war on terrorism may include military actions on/against other nations besides afganistan, will that include palestiene? Intelligence could probably find plenty of terrorsits in that group, if not many with extremist views. How long will some nations endure gunship diplomacy, especially when the gunships shows up at their own or their allies door. This trend in policy thats is consistant with the current hasty military action policy concerns me that the president and his advisory staff are placing a bet in quick results, in sake of the long term consequences. I wonder if "W" plays my favorite sport? Chess.
Old 10-12-2001, 11:42 PM   #2
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

No offense, but I could give a rats a$$ about pissing off extremists!

Just my opinion of course!

Maybe you want to cowtow to these murderers, but I would rather die than worry about pissing them off! Let them bring it, they will learn!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Liliara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 11:55 PM   #3
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

Maybe you want to cowtow to these murderers, but I would rather die than worry about pissing them off! Let them bring it, they will learn!

What does "maybe you want to cowtow to these murderers..." mean?

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 12:55 AM   #4
G'kar

And whats going on with the energy/enviromental policy making in light of the emergency situation. Not that long ago America was in an energy crisis. Did it just go way? And the backward thinking enviromental initiatives, do we just let those happen now? All I hear now are rumors of attack, disease and concern. Propaganda. Bold statements of justice against evil doers. Justice left when we chose military action first. Life is not "back to normal". Dim funny wit and terrible concern do not go well together. Bush has one, And I the other and it's not dim(funny)wit.(edit:not to say Mr. Bush isn't concerned, but about many different things than me.)

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-14-2001, 08:17 AM   #5
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:

The real danger, Liliara, lies in pursuing courses of action that turn non-extremists into extremists violently opposed to us.

I cannot take such a cavalier attitude towards giving people reasons to hate my children.

Diogenes Of Pumpkintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 07:00 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
The real danger, Liliara, lies in pursuing courses of action that turn non-extremists into extremists violently opposed to us.

I cannot take such a cavalier attitude towards giving people reasons to hate my children.

Obviously, we don't want to do this, but I also don't want to teach my children to give in to make others happy.

Some people from other nations will hate our children regardless, but will we teach our children to do what is right, or will we teach them to bend to the will of others to keep the peace, or something in-between? To keep the "peace" defined by others?

Remember, this is the world we'll be turning over to them in a generation, and I don't want my kids to think they have to be perfect and keep the world happy no matter what the cost, anymore than I want them to think we should rule the world.

Protect what is right.
Protect what is yours.
Protect the innocent.
These three things are idealic, but regardless of mishap, the USA has tried harder to do these three things over the years, than any other existing nation.

I'll repeat an idea that I've used in several different threads on this message board, "If you find someone who does a better job....LET ME KNOW."

"There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bear the iron hand;
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand."

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-14-2001).]
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 07:12 PM   #7
Silverquick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, The truth of the matter here is...

Present an Alternate Solution, The Israelis asked Yassir Arafat to turn the man over several times. The Leader of the Hammas openly refused to comply with the cease fire. Arafat arrested him a month ago then let him go again.

If you want this to stop then you need to present a workable solution.

As it stands the Palestinians are refusing to do anything about the man and the Israeli civilians are dying as well as the Palestinian ones. The Hammas leader refused to comply with the cease fire and Arafat himself confirmed that it was Hammas that broke this latest cease fire.

What should the Israelis have done instead?

Obviously Arafat was either unwilling or incapable of turning him over to the Israelis or even prosecute him themselves when they asked him to.

If you want to blame the Israelis, then you will have to blame the Palestinians as well....

In the end... what is the solution?
Silverquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 07:44 PM   #8
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:

Liliara, glad to see you are around to
post virtually word for word my thoughts on the matter! thank yew, ma'am

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 07:50 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:

I couldn't care less about that either, but the problem is that pissed of extremists might become extremists that take up arms and start shooting.

Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 08:09 PM   #10
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I couldn't care less about that either, but the problem is that pissed of extremists might become extremists that take up arms and start shooting.

as opposed to taking over passenger jets and flying them into office buildings full of innocent civilians? let them take up arms, please, i encourage them to do so. I always feel better about killing someone if i know they are shooting at me.

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote