Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 07:27 PM   #1
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Over the last few days, I've been reading here about the war forum. People seem to have the misconception that it's an all out battle in there. It's not the case. Most of the discussion is very intelligent, articulate and worthy of being posted.

True, some people have unfortunately been attacked in there visit to the war forum. This was, unfortunately, only normal given the more lax rules that seemed to prevail over there and the extremely touchy subjects of discussion.

The apogy came over the weekend. Then, all hell broke loose and we lost many posters. Some of them are back; but others, like Mark (Skywalker) might unfortunately be gone for a while longer.

Since then, there's been a cry for us to clean our act (and that cry came from both within the forum itself as well as from the mods). Yesterday, Z. decided to give us all a much deserved warning: "wise up and stop this crap of attacking one another or I'll ban you and might close this forum" is essentially what came out of it. People are now more respectfull of one another and we are on the road of recovery.

If you were a poster in the war forum, you're more than welcome to come back and discuss with us. If you were scared off and never visited us, please come and see for yourself before you pass any judgements. I think that you'll find a more respectable bunch of people in there from now on.

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-23-2001, 07:37 PM   #2
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Over the last few days, I've been reading here about the war forum. People seem to have the misconception that it's an all out battle in there. It's not the case. Most of the discussion is very intelligent, articulate and worthy of being posted.

True, some people have unfortunately been attacked in there visit to the war forum. This was, unfortunately, only normal given the more lax rules that seemed to prevail over there and the extremely touchy subjects of discussion.

The apogy came over the weekend. Then, all hell broke loose and we lost many posters. Some of them are back; but others, like Mark (Skywalker) might unfortunately be gone for a while longer.

Since then, there's been a cry for us to clean our act (and that cry came from both within the forum itself as well as from the mods). Yesterday, Z. decided to give us all a much deserved warning: "wise up and stop this crap of attacking one another or I'll ban you and might close this forum" is essentially what came out of it. People are now more respectfull of one another and we are on the road of recovery.

If you were a poster in the war forum, you're more than welcome to come back and discuss with us. If you were scared off and never visited us, please come and see for yourself before you pass any judgements. I think that you'll find a more respectable bunch of people in there from now on.

We've all turned into Friday's child - loving and giving! So come and be slurped over, slooshed over, sloshed over and thrown up over.... Oops.... wrong forum...... I'm thinking of something completely different...... sorrreeeeeee!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-23-2001, 08:12 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Hi Cloudy!
Please consider staying at GD, even if you have to take a break from the debates. You are really, really missed, and you don't know how nice it is just to see a post from you here.
Please, post here as much as possible,

*hugs*
Lioness

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Emerald Dragoness of DOTW
Old 10-23-2001, 08:12 PM   #4
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Well said, Ryanmur. Listening to some of the people here on GD makes it sound like its nothing but a violent flame fest. That is far from the truth, despite what some are claiming.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:21 PM   #5
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Hi Cloudy!
Please consider staying at GD, even if you have to take a break from the debates. You are really, really missed, and you don't know how nice it is just to see a post from you here.
Please, post here as much as possible,

*hugs*
Lioness

I totally agree, please stay, at least in GD

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-23-2001, 08:30 PM   #6
Rikard

She is a Stubbern Cloud or something
I dunno
She could just do the same as wolfie and i
Lurk and post occationally

------------------