Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #41
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Yeah that's right. And you're right. When I first heard "Kill Us All" I was like "woah". So naturally I had to download the lyrics off ohhla and try and rap that fast myself. I can ALMOST do the song perfectly now... me proud, it's hard to rap that fast Yes that is my deep dark secret, when no one can hear me, I secretly rap along to songs and if it's too hard to hear the words, I get the lyrics from the web so I can do it.

[ 04-23-2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-23-2004, 12:57 PM   #42
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Hey you'd be surprised man, I do that sort of thing all the time. I'll be sitting in my car goin' "and if you aint got no man, hop up in ma Brougham, I keep on pimpin like an old man, you gots to roll with the plan..." and then I realize that the person in front of me is looking in their mirror and probably thinking "what a weirdo."

[ 04-23-2004, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 04-23-2004, 05:52 PM   #43
Spirits forever

Wow.....one day...well i'm gonna listen to most of the things uyr ppl recommend, thanks

-Spirits forever

Old 04-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #44
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I have all the CDs including the Demo for Sony and I really like Evanescence.
To all you people who said that Evanescence = shit and such comments, why the hell are you posting in this topic in the first place? Is it the need to express yourselves? To show the people who listen to Evanescence that it's 'infantile', 'corny' and 'Linkin Park clone' so you may show your vastly superior intellect? If you don't like something, and there's a topic for the people who like it, then shut up, zip it and keep it to yourself!
Rant Mode Deactivated
Old 04-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #45
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
To all you people who said that Evanescence = shit and such comments, why the hell are you posting in this topic in the first place? Is it the need to express yourselves? To show the people who listen to Evanescence that it's 'infantile', 'corny' and 'Linkin Park clone' so you may show your vastly superior intellect? If you don't like something, and there's a topic for the people who like it, then shut up, zip it and keep it to yourself!
Rant Mode Deactivated
Nicely put man... you like evanescence!! cool! i still have to get the fallen cd...gonna get it tommoro or sunday!!

Old 04-24-2004, 03:56 AM   #46
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
To all you people who said that Evanescence = shit and such comments, why the hell are you posting in this topic in the first place?
Oh goodie, he's talking about me!
Quote:

Is it the need to express yourselves?
Yes.
Quote:

To show the people who listen to Evanescence that it's 'infantile', 'corny' and 'Linkin Park clone' so you may show your vastly superior intellect?
Wow. You're really onto me, that's me in a nutshell!
Quote:

If you don't like something, and there's a topic for the people who like it, then shut up, zip it and keep it to yourself!
Oh, boohoo. Are you so insecure about your favourite band's music that you can't even stand the least criticism from someone who's not even close to the target audience anyways? Seriously, lighten up. Remember where you are. This is the Internet, remember? People tend to talk back.
Just be glad my response was a little bit more sophisticated than the ones you'll come across at pretty much any other message board, of the "eVanEsCeNcE is teh suck" category.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:08 AM   #47
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yeah, that was my rant, sorry 'bout that. The thing is, if you're not in the same music category you're not listening to it. If you were in the same music category and listen to other bands that sound like it, then it's a whole diferent thing because then you mean the band sucks. Otherwise you think the whole genre of music sucks by your standards, IMHO.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:45 AM   #48
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Rant Mode Deactivated
Well the Thread is called "Any Evanescense Fans out there?" So just wanted to tell you I wasn't, it doesnt say "only post if you like them" or "only make good comments about them" I like linkin park, stated that in my post. And yeah, just like Groj, I agree with all the above comments
Old 04-24-2004, 05:55 AM   #49
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Yeah, that was my rant, sorry 'bout that. The thing is, if you're not in the same music category you're not listening to it. If you were in the same music category and listen to other bands that sound like it, then it's a whole diferent thing because then you mean the band sucks. Otherwise you think the whole genre of music sucks by your standards, IMHO.
I do like this Genre, just not the band.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:56 AM   #50
Vailynn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey guys! I used to manage a record store and I got to listen to alot of different stuff... I got to listen to bands that no one had ever heard of before, but I also had to listen to bands that had been played into the ground! Evanescense just happens to be one of those bands that's being played into the ground right now. Yeah, I like them. I listen to them. And I do have their CDs, which includes demos. But I have to admit that, in my opinion, there are better bands out there. On the flip side, though, there are also much worse bands out there.

I think if you like it, go buy it! I've listened to Lacuna Coil and The Gathering and I do like both of them also. I have to agree that they are not as commercialized as Evanescense (many people have never even heard of them), but being commercialized doesn't mean it's not good.

Like I said before, if you like it... Go buy it! [img]smile.gif[/img]