Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thumbs Down Obama's abortion policy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIdbYjmbFzo

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Default Re: Obama's abortion policy.

Born-Alive Infant Protection Act

United States Nationality Law

Thus, if a child is "born" they are entitled to all the rights of the land.

Now, this may all come down to an argument of what it is meant to be "born," but as far as I am concerned, it's unnecessary legislation that some politicians can bandy about to tout their humanity, their ethical treatment of their political base.

Yet, any human born within in the United States is entitled to citizenship and all the rights therein.

If the woman on the video believes all this, then, her course of action is not to try and get a basic, nonessential law passed, but to instead relay this information to the criminal-justice system and pursue justice on behalf of the children.

Those poor children left to die? Well. That's a powerful image. I will accept no use of it for political games, though. My infant nephew was murdered two years ago, and that's quite different from aborting a child who cannot live on their own outside the mother's body, especially one that can anticipate a life of pain.

It's one of the few issues that Dron and I disagree on, and honestly, I'm sad that abortion even exists, as a topic.

I could never encourage it. That said, every person who disagrees with abortion should adopt a child.

Adopting children solves a lot of problems. It can fill holes in our lives. It can make a difference for a child. It can make the adoption centers around the nation a bit friendlier to the scared young women who have abortions.

Is that what you really want to say?

Last edited by Ilander; 10-22-2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: ...just had more to say...
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

Wow.

I've been looking at this all wrong.

Let's go ahead and not only take away the right to choose, but take away states' rights as well. After all, I'm sure this thing happens absolutely all the time.

What an emotionally manipulative piece of garbage. Still, I guess there was some merit... I mean, some of this stuff was discussed on Hannity and Colmes!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

And another thing.

Obama no more approves of the murdering of infants any more than Sarah Palin personally charged women for rape kits.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar View Post
And another thing.

Obama no more approves of the murdering of infants any more than Sarah Palin personally charged women for rape kits.
Three votes against the bill!

While serving as the chairman of the human health and services committee, he personally prevented the wording of the bill to match that of the federal bill.

That says a lot, and more so, it means he must approve of this practice.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilander View Post
Born-Alive Infant Protection Act

United States Nationality Law

That said, every person who disagrees with abortion should adopt a child.
Sure, I'd be happy to take 1 or even 2. It's only 7-10 year wait. By that time, I'll in my 50's.

It's too hard to adopt a child. I would even like to adopt a couple of kids from 3rd world countries. Why is it so damn hard?

I think I would love an adopted child the same as if they were my own.

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I think we have the multiply part covered. Let's look after who and what is here...

Last edited by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood; 10-22-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: grammer fixensess
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Agreed, Variol...the adoption process is much too difficult, and must be steam-lined.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Agreed also. It's so easy for a parent to lose a kid to the system, yet is so difficult for another to adopt that kid and rescue it from the system.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I disagree, at least based on my experiences. Results may vary in different places, but it is often less than a two-year wait to adopt 'round these parts, whether local or international. I have friends who have adopted from Russia, China, and locally, and they haven't spent that much time waiting for things to go through.

A large part stems from what people are looking for. If you're looking for the perfect baby with the hair, skin, and eyes that you want, you may have to wait a while.

If you're looking for a baby who's relatively healthy, you will probably wait less... much less. And "relatively" can mean anything from physical issues to emotional or mental ones to trivial ones, like having diabetes. Not that diabetes is trivial, but of the things that can go wrong with a human being and are treatable, that one's kind of nice

I have a friend who just adopted last month. They took their new daughter home practically right out of the delivery room... they thought it make take a year to get approved, but things moved quickly.

As for the original video, it's designed to tug at your heartstrings and sway your political position. I think it succeeds... and as all things like this, I need more than one video to help me make a decision.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

The US has different rules/standards or whatever for adoption from us.

My friends in Ontario have 2 adopted daughters from China. One took a year, the other 6 months. Pretty good really: but I don't the $25k for each child. That's just insane.