Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2000, 08:33 PM   #1
Teeka

Please, Does anyone know where one can be found? Thanks

Old 11-21-2000, 08:52 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Yoshimo was your only real option, and if you did not take him into your party when you were in Irenicus dungeon at the beginning of the game, then he is forever lost because you can't get back in there. Your only other options after that are Nalia, dual classed mage/level 4 thief maxed out. Or getting Imoen back, and she is also maxed out low end as a thief. If you left Yoshi in the dungeon you are out of luck.
Old 11-21-2000, 09:48 PM   #3
gunner

If you told yosi that you didn't want him in your party at the begining he should be at the pub in the slums dropping the beers waiting for you.

if you are really desperate, make one in multiplayer or use shadowkeeper and change nalia or jan into a pure thief, this shouldn't affect the diologue.

cheers

Old 11-22-2000, 04:49 AM   #4
Steele

There are no true thiefs. But there is also Jan Jansen in the government district. He is a chaotic neutral gnome thief/illusionist. He's multi-class, so levels up in both. also he has decent mage spells. He is somewhat weak, so if you have Aerie in your party, he'll be another character you need to protect at early levels. He's also a pig. I just picked him up for my second runthrough. So far, he's OK, I guess. I've had him for a day (4 hrs).

Old 11-22-2000, 07:44 AM   #5
Armisael

A pig? Jan Jansen's the most underrated NPC in the game, and he's the bloody funniest, too. And just to prove it for you, here's a clip from one of his Jan Moments (patent applied).

Jan: I was recently reminded of my ex brother-in-law, Burt Wunderkind, fabulous griffin-baiter.

Aerie: A... A griffin baiter?

Jan: Yes, of course. It's something of a cottage industry amongst Amnish gnomes. Quite simple, I've heard. You merely tame a couple of wyverns and WHOOSH, tear through the sky to fling insults at the hapless griffins.

Aerie: Oh, I didn't think you could tame a wyvern.

Jan: Really? Everyone I know has a pet wyvern. Taming wyverns is child's play, literally. As children, we'd tame wyverns. It's easy since they have such an affinity for turtles. Back in the old days it used to rain turtles on even days and frogs on odd days.

Aerie: Why, that's ridiculous!

Jan: That's what I thought until the drought hit. There were ornery wyverns everywhere. After a rich diet of turtle mash, you couldn't expect them to merely accept bacon without eating a few human nobles, now, could you?

Jan: Of course, by then, Burt was such successful griffin baiter that the authorities just couldn't find it in their hearts to make us leash the wyverns. The loss of the noble class is truly a small price to pay to maintain the continuity of such a fine sport. There's nothing like the look of incredulity on a griffin's face to keep one's spirits up.

I renew my opinion - the best NPC in the game.

Old 11-22-2000, 08:19 AM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I didn't pick Jan up, that is good to know. Next game I'll grab him and leave the traitorous Yoshi behind.
Old 11-22-2000, 02:54 PM   #7
GideonRaine

if youre playin MP and if youve got an extra spot in your party why not make a human fighter and dual-class him right away, he'll go up levels REALLY fast, plus youll have enough cash/items to set him up real good, just leave him in the back for a while to let him get in on some XP so he can catch up, cuz we all know they level up fast as hell, plus all you gotta do if youre still in athkatla is go to the spell store, or the adventurers market, buy some scrolls and learn away!!! he'll get a few levels just form that and voila you got yerself a decent thief!!

then again if youre playin single player and dont have a thief, yer boned
so start over in MP
heh heh
takes a while to get a good party