Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 10:58 AM   #1
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER

What do i do with Neb's head?
Old 10-29-2001, 11:09 AM   #2
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

i have spoiler on the message who made you the moderator. How is a three letter word like NEB going to spoil anyones game. I will change it when memnoch or ziroc tell me to so there.

[This message has been edited by Barb (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 11:37 AM   #3
Ugaya
Manshoon

Take it to the Council Building (Government District). Talk to Inspektor Brega.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:52 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk:
Please edit the 'subject line' to include the word 'SPOILER' and I'll answer your question...
The only way this could spoil anyone would be in a very minor way, and only if someone remembered this guy from BG1 in which he showed up for a short time to help you escape from a prison.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:03 PM   #5
Skunk
Banned User

OK, it't like this.

I see the post 'Neb' - I havn't reached this far yet or maybe I have Neb's head. Anyway, I want to figure out what to do with it myself.

I see a post entitled 'Neb'. No spoiler included, so I assume that it's something innocent like strategies on beating him and his 'friends' in a fight.

I open up the thread and... TOO LATE! I've been spoiled! Minor or otherwise, a spoiler is a spoiler.

But the by, it was only a polite pointer on the etiquette of forum boards - it did not warrant such a poisonus response. I wasn't flaming you - so I don't expect to be flamed...

Finally, please read the guidelines on spoilers:

Warn before you Spoil: A spoiler is something that reveals information about a plot twist or the location of some object/character/hidden place in a game. Spoilers are by their nature subjective - you will need to use your judgment to determine what these are. Many people in this forum talk about 'general' game issues, such as "What is the best party for whatever" or "Should I drop whoever from my group?". These types of posts usually don't require spoilers as they are general information. Other people might have specific game questions like "How do I get past so-and-so" or "Where is such-and-such". These would be considered posts requesting spoiler information. Some are obviously bigger spoilers than others. There are also posts which refer to specific plot twists in the games here, A lot of people who come here do NOT know about certain plot twists which the rest of us might take for granted. Unmarked spoilers about these detract from these people's gaming experience. The majority of people don't like finding out about a plot twist before they were meant to. (Like someone telling you the ending of a movie before you see it) As a courtesy to other board members who may not have gotten as far in the game as you have, please abide by the following when requesting or revealing spoiler information: Do NOT reveal the spoiler in your title. Put a SPOILER tag in the title so people know you will be revealing spoiler information. Put spoiler spaces just before the part where you are revealing the information.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:04 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Umm..... How can it spoil you that you're going to get the head of someone called Neb?
Old 10-29-2001, 12:07 PM   #7
Skunk
Banned User

You're asking for a spoiler on *what* to do with the head.
*That* is the spoiler...
Old 10-29-2001, 12:11 PM   #8
Kaleban
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
SPOILER

What do i do with Neb's head?
The only spoiler here (if you can call it that) is that you find out at some point in the game you get the head of some guy named Neb. If you played BG1, you would know who he is and possibly what happened. But as its asking a question, it seems more like he's asking FOR a spoiler, and not spoiling others.

Plus this whole anal retentive paranoia about spoilers is a bit rediculous anyways, as part of the reason people are here are to learn about the game. Obviously, telling someone exactly where and how to find a certain powerful item or informing them on certain NPC interactions can be considered a spoiler, but ASKING a question about what to do with a certain object seems somewhat less of an infraction.

You might as well ask "what do I do with the Celestial Fury?" DUH! Plus anyone who wants to find out stats or locations of ANY FRIGGIN ITEM in the game can go look at Game Banshee, as they have an excellent cross-referenced list of nearly every item in both SoA and ToB.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:20 PM   #9
Caine
Elminster

wHY is everYONE so SENSITIVE?
reLAX, dONT tAKE EVERYThing so sERIOUSLY
sAME WITH EvERYTHING in LIFE
iF SOMEoNE fLAMES yOU TAKE It
iF yOU GET PISSED OFF ABOUT SOMEthing,LIve WITH iT,wHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
Old 10-29-2001, 12:48 PM   #10
Skunk
Banned User

Oh gosh. Look, it's like this:

1. Do you normally wind up with your opponents head? No? Then by asking what to do with it, you have revealed a sub-plot. And the Ironworks guidelines has this to say about the matter:

"A lot of people who come here do NOT know about certain plot twists which the rest of us might take for granted. Unmarked spoilers about these detract from these people's gaming experience."

2. If I use offensive language or an offensive tone - feel free to flame me, otherwise, follow the Ironworks guidelines and be courteous and polite.

Look, this is an important issue of forum etiquette. Fail to follow the guidelines, reveal sub-plots and twists and you spoil other peoples gaming experience.

No, I'm not a moderator - I was simply pointing out the Ironworks conditions of use for all of its forums. I think that those 'conditions' are about as official as a moderator's warning, don't you?

OK, enough said. I don't want this to degenerate and I want to keep it in the lively and friendly manner in which I first responded