Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 12:01 PM   #1
Jediphx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

?

------------------
***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***
Old 06-25-2001, 12:19 PM   #2
alexwc4
Dungeon Master

I didn't do it, so more replies are welcome, but the biggest advantage I can think of is BG1 has books that increase your stats. So you could start with up to 25 in a stat. Also, if you are cunning, you can bring your equipment into the starting dungeon. Plus, how else can you bring in the all important pantaloons???

------------------
"Yet still, it turns." - The TiltaWhirl attendant at Six Flags

[This message has been edited by alexwc4 (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 12:20 PM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

You can find and use tomes (magical books) in BG1 than increase the following:

Strength +1
Constitution +1
Dexterity +1
Intelligence +1
Wisdom +3 (You can find three books)
Charisma +1

This generally means that the stats for my human fighter are now:

Which is better than a character you can make in BG2 (more powerful than even the half-orc character) and can be human too.
Old 06-25-2001, 12:29 PM   #4
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Other than the books to increase your stats and the fact that you have a higher chance of finding those all important magical items from BG1 in the first chapter there are no real advantages as you will automatically start at the highest EXP level you could atain in BG1 (89,000 I think). If you manage to import characters from Tales of the Sword Coast you will however get that all important EXP head start (125,000 if i'm not mistaken, though I probably am). Of course, the main advantage of importing from BG1 though is that you will have a character you've built up yourself, are comfortable with and know his/her strengths and weaknesses!

[This message has been edited by Kinslayer (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 02:08 PM   #5
Jediphx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lets say that I create a fighter/mage in BG1 and win the game with him, when i import him does he keep all the armor/weapons/spells etc or just the stats?

------------------
Old 06-25-2001, 02:58 PM   #6
Maever
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I believe you can only bring in the stats but its possible to bring in the inventory too.....
if you know how...
I believe there's a thread in this forum which describes the process...
sorry, but i can't remember....
Old 06-25-2001, 04:12 PM   #7
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

It may well be that you can import the items over from BG1/TotSC to the very start of BG2 but hey, who wants that? Well if you do thats fair enough i guess but youre starting in a prison where everyone else has nothing. As for importing someone, well the whole point of the game in many respects is the character building of your PC. I just liked the idea of bringing him through from start to finish, the legal/ish* route. (*I remove the XP cap. For me XP earned is yours because you earned it. I dont like playing if my guy no longer progresses in levels.The transition from BG1/TotSC to BG2 removes any XP level advantage anyway). At the end of the day Baldurs Gate "the series" all in all is a trilogy. For me and my character, well, we just want to see it through to the bitter but highly enjoyable end.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-25-2001, 04:16 PM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

Taking the golden pantaloons to bg2.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 06-25-2001, 04:54 PM   #9
Jediphx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmm I never finished BG1, maybe I should the play BG2

------------------
Old 06-25-2001, 05:00 PM   #10
jfhck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you wanna keep you imported items: at the very beginning of the game (while the screen is still black) pause te game. U will see that your char has all the items. Drop them on the floor and smile.