Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 10:14 AM   #231
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
You mean the main characters were killed off, replaced and then sorta united to destroy a planet eating demi-god of sorts

How come I've never heard of this movie anyhow? Was it like a feature length episode or an actual movie experience.

Wow...What a bump Godd thinkin' Rimjaw!
Yes, it is similar in the way that most of the original cast was pushed out of the spotlight by a new cast of toys...err characters. It also had a similar new-kid-on-the-block-gets-leader-killed-but-matures-and-saves-the-day story, just substitute Lt Falcon (voiced by Don Johnson) for Hot Rod and Duke for Optimus. Also, like TF:TM, new villains were introduced and old ones disposed of (read: Cobra Commander). All in all quite an entertaining although a less than perfect swansong for the series, it is still not on the same level as its sister flick Transformers: The Movie.

The story as like this: Hasbro had produced film versions of their three top franchises: Transformers, GI Joe and My Little Pony (believe it), with the intention of selling a new line of toys. When My Little Pony and Transformers bombed at the box office, Hasbro pulled the plug on the GI Joe movie and in the end it went straight to video (in the states it was also released as a five part episode). A pity, I'm pretty sure Hasbro would have been pleasantly suprised if they had released GI Joe in the cinemas. You can download it off Kazaa btw.