Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-23-2001, 03:16 PM   #1
HooC
The Magister

...You don't have anything else to do, and you are sitting in your comfortable sofa and have a nice cold drink in your hand, fire sparkling in your fireplace... Take a look at this thread then.

WHEN READING THIS TOPIC:

Avoid reading when tired. Read no more than 1 hour at a time.
Sit well away from screen.
Read topics in well-lit areas.
Reduce the brightness of the screen to darken the contrast.
Use as small screen as possible. These tips will help you enjoy your threadreading more and maximise your performance.

Now...

If you have *ANYTHING* to tell my about Multiplaying game in Baldurs Gate II - Shadows of Amn, I would eagerly want to hear it..
I would like to know these things

--If there is a public server, How can I play on it?
--Do I play with single character or with whole party?
--How do I create my character(s) to multiplayer game?
--How does that multiplayer thingie work at all?

Any links, tips, hints etc. are welcome.

Thank you
~HooC
Old 08-23-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, seems like you have an illigal version of SoA without a manual. But seriously, multiplayer works almost the same as single player. I am going through the game with a party of six created characters. I would not recommend doing that because you'll miss many NPC quests. I just wanted to check all those kits out and had to make a very strange party. Without a thief or cleric or whatsoever.

You can start a game by connecting and creating a new game where you have to create your characters. You could assign those to other players but if you're alone, you're going to play all of them. In the game, it's just like a single player game but now you have your own NPC's added to your party. And they will take a place in your group so you can take less SoA NPC's with you.

You could use this multiplayer option to balance your group, unbalance your group, or add that extra strong evil fighter that you can't find in the game. Just a small answer to a very broad question. Just try and see what happens.

[This message has been edited by Mordar (edited 08-23-2001).]
Old 08-24-2001, 01:23 AM   #3
HooC
The Magister

I do have manual and there seems to be something about Multiplaying in page 21, but I didn't recognize it in first place..

Thanks for advice, I'll se what I can do
Old 08-25-2001, 05:33 PM   #4
Kitty
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by HooC:
I do have manual and there seems to be something about Multiplaying in page 21, but I didn't recognize it in first place..

Thanks for advice, I'll se what I can do
Talking about manuals, mine is a crappy one!!! It has very few information on multiplayer games and there are A LOT of blatant translation errors! By the way, the company which distributes BG2 in Brazil translated "strenght" with the same meaning as "stealth"...