Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 03:09 AM   #21
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Announcement: We have a referee-Illumina Drathiran'ar.

Now we need more people.

Come on, ironworkers, join in!

[ 07-06-2004, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Black Baron ]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Old 07-06-2004, 04:11 AM   #22
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

I'll do it. I am therealdutchboyd ant yahoo
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
Old 07-07-2004, 06:45 AM   #23
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I'm still keen to play. Bailsofdoom on yahoo.
But I can see different time settings being quite an issue here...

Rather than have the tournament set for any particular GMT time, why not simply draw up a double round robin table and put in this thread? (i.e we get to play every person with both white and black) of however many players we have (set a cut-off date perhaps?) and then make it the responsibility of the players due to play, to meet on yahoo.

This way would be slower of course, but one to one would make it easier to setup a time which suits the two players. [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 07-07-2004, 06:49 AM   #24
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

CerberoDragon you are a genius, and i am stuuuupid. :slaps his own head: i had to think about it before! I will add you to the list, and edit the post.

Old 07-07-2004, 11:22 AM   #25
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... With the new timeframe, I *might* be able to play. Not too sure. Like I said, I'm leaving home Saturday... I might be able to get a computer at some point during the weekend/early that week, but not certain if or when or for how long. I'll see if I can manage it when I get there, I guess...

Oh, and my yahoo sn is lordencard.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:33 AM   #26
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Great. You can always talk to the referee and postpone your play for several days. I am sure that some solution can be found. I will add you to the list then.

[ 07-07-2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Black Baron ]

Old 07-07-2004, 12:37 PM   #27
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'm probably going to be a Grinch and not play. The next couple of weeks are looking very busy (work, house repairs, visitors, + my birthday).

I'm also not truly excited about computer/online chess. I like to sit down with a real board, a drink and a friend (to be a face across the board). Conversation and banter move the experience from an intellectual exercise into the realm of competition and entertainment.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:30 PM   #28
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else watching the World Chess Championship? 1 1/2 - 1/2 for Rustam versus Michael. Michael has the higher rating, but is down one game. I watched the second game today- the first game was drawn for some reason (I looked up the notations; it looked like there was plenty of opportunities to be found on both sides), and the second one featured some poor play on both sides, at least for the World Chess Championship.

For example, 40 Kf2 was a mistake, but since Adams played 40..Rc8 he missed the move 40..Nxb5. Bah... I hope that Adams plays better than today's game. Rustam won with 2 passed pawns in the center, and with Adam in check in a little box. =/

[ 07-07-2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:42 PM   #29
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
I'm probably going to be a Grinch and not play. The next couple of weeks are looking very busy (work, house repairs, visitors, + my birthday).

I'm also not truly excited about computer/online chess. I like to sit down with a real board, a drink and a friend (to be a face across the board). Conversation and banter move the experience from an intellectual exercise into the realm of competition and entertainment.
I think I'm much like Aerich - I'm not a big fan of online realtime chess. I like the social aspect of a face to face with one's opponent as well as the artistic/creative aspect of a slower correspondence game. Anyway, even though my next two weeks will also be filled, I'm sure that I can find the time to play somehow. My Yahoo ID is Desuma_Malevois.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #30
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Alright. These are the people who have joined so far, if I am correct. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Deadline for registration is 3 AM GMT on Saturday... 10:00 PM, Eastern Standard (New York) Time on Friday. The tournament opens twelve hours later, yes?

Black Baron- knatanl2000
Jaradu- lewis2975
Assassin- goldrush945
DragonSlayer25- therealdutchboyd
Sir CerebroDragon the Quick- Bailsofdoom
Encard- lordencard
Desuma Malevois- Desuma_Malevois
Raistlin- leaderoftherebels

[ 07-08-2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.