Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-05-2003, 11:27 AM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

the original thread is here

the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Brought to you by,
Lady Blue, Offical waitress of Cloudy's Cafe
Old 11-05-2003, 11:36 AM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Morning guys! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Well it's the 5th...you know what that means...MATRIX! YAY!

I've got plans to go with my friend Mike at 10:30, so I'll just be heading to the theatres once I'm done with school (they're like 5 minutes apart [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Seems I'll also get my first boarding of the season in this Friday! Hey, it's all man-made...but it's SNOW...and I needs my snow...NEEDS IT. Besides, boarding is the only thing I do that gives me muscles, lol.

Anyway, seems I'll be having a good week, so yay! Got to go get ready for school now, talk to you guys later [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

My friends made reservations without telling me. I guess they wanted to suprise me. Unfortunately.. I need to get an article done before friday, so it'll have to wait until next week
Old 11-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
My friends have learned to not attempt surprises for me. They tried to put together a surprise b-day party for my 18th two years ago, and I pretty much figured it out. It was on a Sunday, church had just ended and all I wanted to do was go home and nap. Two of my friends wanted to take me to Gameworks (the diversionary tactic), but I just wanted to go home. My mom basically forced me to go (the initial tip-off). So we drop them off, and one of my friends gets a call on their cell (the second sign). I hear clear as day through the reciever someone asking if I was with them. I thought, "why would they be asking these two about me, and how would they know to call two people I don't spend my typical sunday with?" Well Gameworks is located at the Sawgrassmills mall (3rd largest in the US IIRC), about 15-30 minutes away from where I live. We drive around the lot for 30 minutes to an hour looking for a place to park. One of them mentions something about being late (I didn't know for what but as you can tell I had my suspicions). Anyways we find a spot and park go to game stop play the arcade for awhile then they get a call and decide it's time to leave (is it obvious yet?). Well we get there and they thought I was surprised, but it was more like touched cuz I don't remember anyone having a party for me before. In the end it was kinda cool.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

wow, you are lucky, no one ever does anything nice like that for me, I get suck having to arrange the baby sitter, and then decide where we are going wish soeone could surprise me for a change, my parents never even did anything like that when I was a kid, we could not afford it. ahhh, oh well, life goes on
Old 11-05-2003, 01:07 PM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I'm up for it later this week. Not expecting too much out of it though, just to find out what the end is and some more special effects. The impact of the first movie will never be exceeded.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Countdown 'till I watch Matrix Revolutions: 73:20:06
Do I need to say how eager, excited and overly anxious I feel?
Old 11-05-2003, 02:09 PM   #8
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I'll see it on DvD soon enough I just do not trust anyone to watch my babies
Old 11-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #9
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
I'll see it on DvD soon enough I just do not trust anyone to watch my babies
So that means youre one of the parents who doesn't take their children to the movies right? It irkes me when people bring their babies...I mean its fine if theyre quiet the whole time, but everyonce and awhile they wake up and start bawling, and the people who brought the baby just sit there and let it cry and cry...and then theres me going to get the manager to get the baby out so i can enjoy my movie. Inconsiderate people [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 03:01 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Made reservations for tomorrow night with another set of friends Ain't I evil? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Now I can go and see the movie two times.