Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
Gogson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I started playing Baldurs Gate recently and I choose mage as my charecter. I made a terible mistake at the begining, as I did not give my charecter enough intelegence as I was not paying attention as this is my first time. Now I am at third chapter and i have many spells i cant memorize because of lack of inteligence.

Is it posible in any way to repear this mistake now, because I realy do not want to start all over again.

Thanks for help in advance.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:25 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Drink either a purple Potion of Genius or those blue potions that boost your INT and DEX by 3.

Now you can memorise every single spell you want to.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:30 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Those potions are not permanent, I would suggest that he used Shadowkeeper to alter his character's intelligence, and if he wants to be fair, he could also lower another stat to make up for it.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:34 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Although the potions are not permanent, the spells remain memorised.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:34 AM   #5
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Nice photo Neb

Just to add my 2 cents, perhaps playing with a less than intelligent mage is more rewarding than powerplay? You can relate to a weaker character as very few of us are supermen or godlike figures. I always tried to cater my character to my own traits, and found the game more immersive as a result (sure its more difficult, but then that makes winning more enjoyable). I am the same guy who proposed only using a single role to determine your stats and playing the character like it had just been born....
Old 10-16-2001, 05:50 AM   #6
Gogson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would like to have it as that I would choose it at the beggining. Where is this shadowkeeper so I can change it. I would put less points for something else. Which do you think it is the least importaint foe a mage?
Old 10-16-2001, 05:52 AM   #7
Neb

I believe that you can find Shadowkeeper in the Ironworks BG2 section, what's not much use to a mage is for example Strength, as he or she is probably going to hang back and just cast spells, Constitution should not be above 16 since there are no additional benefits to Hit Points per level for a mage, Charisma is also pretty useless for ALL classes.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:57 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sigh... well, if you are not going to use either Limited Wish or Wish, the following will be an ideal build for a Mage.

STR: 10
DEX: 8 ( some choose 18 for the -4 AC bonus)
CON: 16
INT: 18
WIS: 13 ( minimum, any lower and there will be a chance of casting failure)
CHA: 8
Old 10-16-2001, 05:58 AM   #9
Gogson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One more queation. I have run across vampires and i have some wooden stiks but I do not know how to use them. And they are also too strong for me if they come 2 or 3 at same time. Any advice for an begginer??

Old 10-16-2001, 06:00 AM   #10
Neb

Dundee, the casting failure for low Wisdom only affect's clerics and a high Dex is a MUST for all mages since they don't really get any armor and it's cumulative with defensive bracers, I suggest an elven mage with
8 Str.
19 Dex.
15/16 Con.
18 Int.
9-13 Wis.
5 Cha.