Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-01-2001, 04:52 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

I downloaded a walkthru for the crypts and I'm supposed to bring a 'Jindol' to a brazier in the path choosing in the crpyt ('jindol' is a HORRIBLE name for it, its a figurine, alright?). The walkthru really sucks and here are some foleys I have found.

You choice doesn't occur at the braziers but back at the warrior/wizard alcoves. AND if you use the wizard crystal in its appropriate alcove, you will eventually be forced to use the warriors brazier! Grumble grumble grumble...

ANYWHO... I'm a tad stuck in the warriors fire pit. Like totally stuck. In the walkthru it says I have to flip the switch on the left and the switch on the right then go thru the gate. Also if I step on the center healing fire the puzzle is reset.

What happened to me was I got in a big fat battle RIGHT on top of that initial flame. I quickly fired a meteor and wiped out my enemies but I was still heavily damaged and I went on the healing fire to get healed knowing the puzzle would reset. I then went back to the entrance of the fire pit, zoomed into the fire pits going around counter-clockwise and flipped the eastern lever. After that, I went around clock-wise and flipped the western lever. Lastly, with what little life I had left I continued clock-wise to the north side of the fire pit and found a very closed gate. HELP!

So my question is... how do I get through the stupid fire pit? Details mann! Details!
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 05:10 PM   #2
Efreeti_Genie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You just answered your own question. If you know the center flame will reset the whole thing, then why do you keep walking through it? Hit both switches on both ends, without going throught the center flame at all. Proceed through the door after the switches are set, without going through the center fire. Easy as pie.
Efreeti_Genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 05:37 PM   #3
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

ARRRRRRRRGH... I ALREADY DID THAT! Excuse me...

I didn't go over the healing fire when I pulled the levers. I went through the owwy owwy burn fires, around the outer walkway, not the center fire. STILL no open gate, I think I'm just gonna reload and try again.
Old 01-01-2001, 06:13 PM   #4
Tarweed

I never could get the gate to stay open, despite
following all the walkthrough directions. Pushing a crate
under it did work, but only after several tries.
I think this "puzzle" is way too hard for so early
in the game, and there is no logical way to figure
it out. Like passing over the center fire resetting
the puzzle - my levers never reset, just stayed the
same so how are you to know it is reset???
Old 01-01-2001, 09:08 PM   #5
Efreeti_Genie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I may know what the problem is then. You may have one lever up and one down when you try to go out. They both have to be either up or down, not sure which one. If you have already had both up and both down, then I don't know. That is the only other thing I can think of.
Efreeti_Genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 02:48 PM   #6
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Yes exactly! My lever stayed in the same position, luckily I saved it once in the firepits and once three minutes earlier on a different slot. Also, I broke all the crates looking for items... oops, hehe.

I do have a dreadful theory about this fire pit though. Basing on what knowledge I have so far, like that the levers started in the up position, here is my guess:

If you flip a lever and then go on the healing fire YOU are the one that has to reset the puzzle. You must go back and flip all the levers up, then go through the healing fire, THEN you'll be able to pull both levers down and go through the gate.

Remember that's just a guess but it seems the most likely answer.
Old 03-24-2001, 02:06 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Top side
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote