Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-18-2001, 02:59 PM   #1
Istaron
Banned User

Does it do anything if I tell Edwin it is not only his? Last time I gave it to him.
Now, I am good, and considers if taking him up for the side is worth the trouble.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-18-2001, 03:35 PM   #2
The_ Fur_Cough
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes it does do something. Get Edwin in your party (he's the best mage in the game) and allow him to retrieve the nether scroll. I think you need to tell him it's his to keep and nothing to do with the party. This quest takes a long long time but it's well worth it. Plenty of sleeping and the correct dialogue options will give you a great twist. Even better if you have Jaheira in your party but she's not essential.

------------------
Aaahh.... Fur Cough.

[This message has been edited by The_ Fur_Cough (edited 09-18-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 03:55 PM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

Read my post again. I asked, what happens if I don't give it to him.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-18-2001, 05:46 PM   #4
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

supposedly there is a bug in the quest, and if you dont give him the scroll, the quest stops, and edwin won't get his important lore bonus, or the improved saving throws. I'm pretty sure there is a fix for this at baldurdash, so you could apply that, then hope for the best. I'd just give him the scroll, though, just to be safe.
Old 09-18-2001, 07:21 PM   #5
crymson77
Manshoon

What does the nether scrool look like, and what does it do exactly. I took Edwin down to the graveyard and we killed a lich i think. Down there in that Egyptian style crypt. After ward he babbled about how he had found it and it was his, like you all said. But, all I found was djinni scroll. Did I miss something?
Old 09-18-2001, 08:37 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

He gots the scroll automatic. After 3 weeks a red wizard comes. Cover Edwin and after few days..well you'll see..

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 10-17-2001, 06:36 AM   #7
Jahan Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Edward being the pain that he is will get on his high as soon as you get the scroll after about 24 hours he will translate some of it and announce it publicly.
Then he will cast his spell and a few weeks later a red wizard will appear just ensure that you dont turn in your good buddy edwin after all he has got alot of magic at his disposal.
I always wondered what would happen if you put on the girdle of Gender while Edwin has cast the spell maybe it would make him look like a guy again eh ?.
One of those questions I suppose youll have to think about forever.
Jahan

------------------
Let Honour be your guide and Faith be your shield and no beast shall stand before you unbested