Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-22-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

I get extremly bored all the time with no job, and i was just wondering anyone had any stories about times when they where bored like i am alot. i can't recall any times when i was bored enough to do something strange right now, but ...

Once i was walking around in Covington, Ohio, with Lyle. i was a pretty bored and hungery. So i decided to Cure both of my problems at once. Sort of "kill two birds with one stone" (great saying, i hate birds) anyway. i decided to walk through the drive thru. At first i couldn't get the Box to work, so i had the lady behind me pull up to the box so i could order, well it worked and i ordered. I wanted the Mc Chicken sandwich, well they gave a Crispy Chicken sandwich. i wasn't complaining then, they wanted me to pay for the crispy when i had ordered the mc chicken. well i only had enough for the mc chicken so i got the crispy for $1. it was great! the guy at the window was totally blown away by it and was wigging out, and lyle was emabrassed to be seen with me at the window. well i had to wait on the sandwich (this part isnt important but its a part of the story so i'm tellin' it) b/c i wasn't in a "CAR" so i sat on the bench with Lyle until they brought it to me. I still have the bag to this day! Okay, next!
Old 11-22-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
Eagle eye
Elminster

You must have had a lot of time on your hands!
Old 11-22-2004, 02:25 AM   #3
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

LoL, well, like i said i was pretty bored. so i just did something out of the ordinary, like walking through a drive thru. BTW they have signs up now telling people not to do that sort of thing. heh heh. i would like to think it was me, but it probably a collection of all the bored, stupid, and automoblie-less lazy people in the U.S. heh heh.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:25 AM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

New years eve 1997...

All my friends went to spend the new years in a ski cabin, I goot sick with flu the day before they left, then on new years day I was going to take a bus to my parents place but missed the bus so I spent the new years eve alone watching tv.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:25 AM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Why not get a job at the drive-thru?!

Boy, I must be bored to read and post this thread. 4am and here I am. Stupid dog woke me up to go out.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:48 AM   #6
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Most bored I've ever been? 1987-2003. That was pretty dull.
Also, I've been to Reading, Berkshire. By god it is boring. Reading is not a place. It is the Platonic form of mediocrity.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:32 AM   #7
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

each time im with my dad somewhere and he decides, out of nowhere, he needs to "quickly" go do something and i tell him ill just wait in the car with my music. It usually lasts for a few hours, i often think he forgets im in there. but, im sure i could reach the pinacle of boredom if i once actually went with him.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:29 AM   #8
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
I was bored enough to put the word "bored" into the yahoo search to see what websites would come up from that, and I found a website called "boredsh*tless.com" (sorry, trying to keep the discussion rated PG, but thats actually the site name (with the star replaced with an "i", of course...))
The site has a bunch of failed attempts at jokes, but the picture gallery has some nice (and some very NOT nice) pics in it.

SilentThief
Old 11-22-2004, 07:34 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Two years ago

Try 24 hours on a plane, Oh sure an hours break in Bangkok airport lounge was wild but I managed to contain my excitement. I'm talking a full plane here, in no room to breath because the idiot in front has reclined his seat in economy. A window seat with the best view of Pakistan and Afghanistan possible (38,000ft and climbing in a pitch black and cloudy night) two people between the aisle and me both snoring. The trip was a rush last moment job with no time to get a book or a magazine, the guys in front must have been all over 8ft so I could not see the video screen and my headset/ radio was broken. Oh and a flight is not a novelty for me, this is where I work! Every day I’m in the cabin of a bloody plane!

Bored? YES [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-22-2004, 07:46 AM   #10
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

wow, that sounds like fun Wellard!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Me? well the boredest I have ever been would have to have been...well I dont know, I never get REALLY bored, because I can always find a way to ammuse myself.