Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-20-2004, 05:11 PM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
And on the subject of incomprehensibilty, take a gander at the sports news :

Pigeon has won a long standing bet today and I just can't Adam it. Unbeaten at the end of the day, having wrapped up the precious half ton and swiping his first ever zac to boot, he stands to collect at last on a wager made over ten years ago.

Afghanistan is never going to hear the end of this .
The way Heals was discussing it, I gathered Junior was the one going to collect. LOL how they all were off somewhere at the beginning but were all there later to watch. And at Gilly's reenactment of Pidge's pull shot
Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 PM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
The way Heals was discussing it, I gathered Junior was the one going to collect. LOL how they all were off somewhere at the beginning but were all there later to watch. And at Gilly's reenactment of Pidge's pull shot
I got in from overseas and started to adjust the telly, there had to be something wrong with the screen thought I

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-21-2004, 06:29 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

It's really simple.

The lords insisted on bagging first use of the potty after fox hunting but the commons disagreed, so have banned fox hunting altogether.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-22-2004, 06:20 PM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
and I just can't Adam it.
Cockney rhyming slang from an Aussie!!!!! Help!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-23-2004, 05:56 AM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL - I am picking up bad habits from the Britttish
Old 11-23-2004, 08:09 AM   #16
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

...with three t's...

Yeah, that's an incomprehensible message...heck, I consider myself fairly well-versed in the english language, but those guys just didn't try to be understood.

Long story short, I think it means "no foxhunting."

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:46 PM   #17
Niadh
Elminster

The story is Common's says "Fox Hunting banned". Lord's say "Oh no you don't, ye torags". Then Common's Speaker (Big Wig) says "Oh Yes We Do" (with capitalisation. And the Lords say "We want three years to be able to stop" and Common's answer is "Three months or you get arrested".

So in three month anyone out fox hunting can get fined and locked up. Serves them right.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 11-23-2004, 04:33 PM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
...with three t's...

Yeah, that's an incomprehensible message...heck, I consider myself fairly well-versed in the english language, but those guys just didn't try to be understood.

Long story short, I think it means "no foxhunting."
Have you never enjoyed the simple pleasures of fishing before Ilander?