Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-14-2001, 06:16 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I've seen a lot of talk about particular clans, what not, and other nonsense on here as of late, and I was just wondering why someone would join a clan. Not that I have anything against them, but I was wondering what the benfits were. i mean does it have a pension package? is there profitsharing? But seriously i was just curious about clans. This is basically just inquiring about what a clan would entail I was just a litte curious. Thanks to any of the faithful that reply, may Helm's steady gaze ever focus upon you!
Old 11-14-2001, 06:42 PM   #2
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Someone answer this guy! im curious too
Old 11-14-2001, 06:43 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The point of these clans are to be social and to occasionally play some multiplayer games.
Old 11-14-2001, 07:12 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

is there anything else involved?
Old 11-14-2001, 07:16 PM   #5
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

so if i want to play neverwinter nights, i should join a clan (to get people to play with, rather than annonymous people)?
Old 11-14-2001, 07:25 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It always helps to play with people that you know aren't going to ruin the game for you. Your clanmates aren't probably going to do that for you. There is a post about this in the ToB forum called 'I got Bubba smacked' about somebody who got stabbed in the back.
Old 11-14-2001, 07:38 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah i saw that one it was pretty funny.
Old 11-14-2001, 07:43 PM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:
so if i want to play neverwinter nights, i should join a clan (to get people to play with, rather than annonymous people)?

Thats EXACTLY what some of the clans were founded for. To my knowledge though all but three of the clans are only for social talk and something to add to their signatures [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The three NWN multi clans I know of are: (in order of founding)

Order of the Holy Flame
Laughing Hyenas
Hamlet and Dough boy

Feel free to pop over to the roleplaying forum and have a look at the clan threads.
I would personally suggest the mysterious and wonderful world of HADB cheetos
Old 11-14-2001, 08:49 PM   #9
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Are there any good multiplayer clans here for BG2 or ToB? I've never tried online gaming, but it sounds like a great deal of fun and I'de like to try it some day.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:34 AM   #10
Kingenigma
The Magister

Me id rather be a freelancer, im never good at being a clan - man.