Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
Gamelover
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To all the good people out there,
Yo man, I've got a massive problemo. After a days battle (real time) I'm still unable to murder,evaporate,kill, get rid of Firkraag.All I succeded so far was a Bareley injured state,which of course is...
I'm hitting him with magic missiles,+2,3 weapons and nothing.
Anyone has any(and I mean any) idea what to do?His Red Dragon breath(a 50+ damage)just drives me crazy.
I'd be graetfull for any help.
Thanks...
Gamelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:04 PM   #2
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

if you have a cleric in the group like viconia i would suggest summoning aerial servant, i found them quite helpful
Old 08-27-2002, 04:05 PM   #3
Hecate
The Magister

Did you pick up any 'dragon killing' weapons during your travels in his dungeon? If you did, your tanks such as Minsc, Keldorn or Korgan would be able to damage him. Also, you could try throwing summoned creatures at him so he wastes up some of his spells. Tell you right now that Skeltons are pretty useless in this battle.
Hecate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:05 PM   #4
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

Get his magic resistance down.
Then Greater Malison, Doom, Chromatic Orb.
I killed the Shadow Dragon with it. It should work here, too.
Arwyn the Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:10 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

First of all it is a good idea to wait untill Ur party is lvled up to a descent lvl before engaging the big olŽred one...

A little tactic around Firekrag...

1. Summons...lots of them to absorb the higher spells, wingbuffet and dragonbreath!
2. never place all members of Ur party in the same spot...spread out...generally I tend to surround the dragon!
3. The spell Lower resistance is good (U could cheese it by using the priest spell magic resistance...it actually lowers it more)
4. fire res. potions and equipment (dragonslayer longsword, red dragon helm etc will boost U against Firekrag...at max resistance 127 % U heal when struck by fire)
5. Remember NO fire will hurt Firekrag...but Acid, ice and the like are good
6. Haste, protect and strenghten partymembers and beat the sucker into a pulp
------------------------------In the end he always goes down.
A good thing though is to lower his magic resistance and then hammer him with spells while Ur fighters and summons take him on...

A good place to look it up is Dundee Slayterns tactics on dragons but I donŽ+t have the link...with a little luck heŽll read this post and drop it for U

Spawkie

Good luck...heŽs a tough one the first couple of times
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:18 PM   #6
whacky
Emerald Dragon

You could always lower his saving throws and then cast multiple finger of deaths, or if you're playin a monk quiver palm the beastie, and as soon as you see its breath coming run away, and keep your casters at a safe distance, and i think wands of cloudkill also work, but be sure to use multiple charges as he heals quite often, incase you'd like to use the wand of cloudkill tactic just stay out of its LOS for ever, since cloudkill has a area wide effect, cast it somewhere near the red dragon, that'll surely help
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 08:46 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

The hardest fight I had with him, was with my solo assassin, now that was a battle
Old 08-27-2002, 08:54 PM   #8
Mirage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is a (somewhat) unfair way to lower the dragon's HP dramatically. Get into Firkrag's room after dealing with the Mage in the prison above. When you get to the room, stay just out of Firkrag's range of sight (so he wont attack). Launch a cloudkill to the edge of the screen and watch the HP come down. After about 2 or 3 cloudkills, jump all over him using the suggestions above. BTW, if you use too many cloudkills, he'll just heal himself.

Again, it's a practical, if cheesy, way to kill him and move on.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:29 PM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

The beast didnt cause me even a bit of trouble. You just get your cleric NEAR it, two spellcasters in his sight, cast Holy Might with cleric (boosts your THAC0), then Harm, cast lightning bolt (my joke, you can do without it, but for me it was more fun) on the dragon and then HIT it with harming hand of cleric. So he get LOTS of damage leaving him with pathetic 1 hp! Then a magic missile (or anything else you like) finishes him up!! He will not be able to reply because after going hostile he first casts stoneskin, then haste - that would give you plenty of time to NAIL it to the ground
Old 08-28-2002, 05:06 AM   #10
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirage:
There is a (somewhat) unfair way to lower the dragon's HP dramatically. Get into Firkrag's room after dealing with the Mage in the prison above. When you get to the room, stay just out of Firkrag's range of sight (so he wont attack). Launch a cloudkill to the edge of the screen and watch the HP come down. After about 2 or 3 cloudkills, jump all over him using the suggestions above. BTW, if you use too many cloudkills, he'll just heal himself.

Again, it's a practical, if cheesy, way to kill him and move on.
Also a bug, which is fixed in the Baldurdash fixpack...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote