Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-20-2001, 07:58 PM   #1
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

I thought the fact that you could kill the Shadow and Red dragons with Death clouds, without them reacting pretty lame...

How bout you? Did you find some part of BG II to be kinda lacking in someway?
Old 08-20-2001, 08:03 PM   #2
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I guess my biggest complaint would be your parties lack of AI when sending them to locations. While moving accross the screen I've had characters hike out of the postal code is another NPC so much as bumps them on a way down a corrider.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:11 PM   #3
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

The speakers in the german version are pretty boring.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is back!
Old 08-20-2001, 08:17 PM   #4
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thats why I am glad I have the american version..In fact the only German RPG I ever bought was Fallout 2 (had to have it) and it sucked, No Blood and guts and lame translations.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:24 PM   #5
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah, the american version rules! I have ´em both. First, I got the american version. But I wanted to convince my girlfriend of CRPGs, that´s why I bought the german version, too. It´s the only one I have by now, the a.v. I lent a friend.

------------------
Old 08-20-2001, 08:30 PM   #6
Kitty
Manshoon

You spend half of the game fighting your way to rescue Imoen, just to find out she's long way behind in levels when compared to your other party members
But after all, she's your sister.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:35 PM   #7
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitty:
You spend half of the game fighting your way to rescue Imoen, just to find out she's long way behind in levels when compared to your other party members
But after all, she's your sister.
Yeah, that really sucks. Besides, Aerie is waaaay better and even sweeter than Imoen. And her thieving skills are nothing that would be worth talking about.

------------------
Old 08-20-2001, 10:20 PM   #8
trux

My gripes with BGII are very cosmetic ones.

I don't like how the avatar's look on the inventory screen.

I also don't like how robes look on human females.

Also, I feel it's a bit biased towards Good.

I don't like how the dialog options sometimes force your PC to come out sounding naive, uninformed or foolish.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux

[This message has been edited by trux (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old 08-21-2001, 04:17 AM   #9
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I hated how characters started at high levels and got obscenely powerful, and the developers have to throw multiple dragons and liches and super uber-powered mages in your way, and you just end up using cheese tactics.
Its just unbalanced, plus I hated the city setting. I liked BG1's open spaces and quests a lot more, and I just sped past the city parts. Its all the exploration thats really cool, like you never know what you'll find in a certain location. I remember when I stumbled upon a bunch of red wizards in the forest in BG1..and a wyvern pack and all that.
BG2 is just..boring because you dont get to use your character's skills as much..or so in my opinion.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 08-21-2001, 04:50 AM   #10
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

A couple of minor gripes...

No clear indication of your damage dealing potential (especially annoying if your playing monk). I just think it would be nice to see to be able to hold the mouse over your quick slot and be told 7-10 damage, or something, Diablo 2 does it well...

Felt that more fantastic creatures would be better, seems to be too many humanoid type critters... Also I wish flying critters flew and didn't walk around...

I agree on the mismatch of later levels and the preponderance of good, it was hard pursue an evil path, when going the good path gave better rewards in terms of exp.s and items. (The one real exception so far is the mage in the underark...)

One lame thing that bothered me was beating a hard opponent to find they had been using a staff or a short sword with no magical properties, at least give them +1 or +2...