Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 01:49 AM   #1
chimera99
The Magister

I have gone to Bela with at least 5 different parties. He always has had at least Eagle Eye, Ring of the road, that good spear, and cloak of many colors. I just entered the Mountain Wilderness with my newest party and the best Bela had was bracers of defense. I camped three times and he had added anks of str and youth. I never got any better by camping 24 hours for him to update his inventory. I then reentered the M. Wilderness a number of times. About half the time he had Eagle Eye but none of the other really good items. Has anyone else had this happen?
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 02:33 AM   #2
Elara
The Magister

Rather than camping, unless your game ethics constrain you, try saving before you open contact with Bela. If he doesn't have what you would like, reload your save and click on him again. You can start this sequence after you have camped the party for two full restings periods also.

He has always had the Cloak of Many Colors in my games, but most of the other items that he potentially carries seem to be randomly generated. To equip the full party with Cloaks or any other one item, you would of course have to camp.

Elara

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Elara ]

Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 03:13 AM   #3
chimera99
The Magister

Thanks,

I finally got them. I must have just hit on a string of random seeds that didn't put the stuff in his inventory. I went in again from outside the Mt. Wild and when I got to Bela I saved. He didn't have the stuff so I reloded from that point several times but the inventory didn't change at all. So I set a portal and then ported back to a safe zone, rested twice, and when I came back he had all the items I wanted. I didn't know you could get multiple copies of the cloak, that's good info. Of course, I need a lot more cash before I can buy any more, the other stuff tapped me.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote