Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-06-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
Eternal
Manshoon

hi,

few questions,

(0) most annoying bug,

whenever i try summoning a 4th summon it says unable cuz theres a 5 summon limit etc,note that this is only my 4th summon.
i dont have summons in other rooms n ive tried sleeping for 2 weeks n it still does it. no summon lasts that long.

sometimes it even happens on my 3rd (could be because i left a summon alive tho)
but weirdest thing is the skeletons seem to override this, one time i can summon like 7 skeletal warriors, then the other time it counts towards the limits and i cant have more summons then 3.
im writing this in a hurry so i hope its not to blurry, any ideas how to fix this or what it might be?

1) my party consists out bane (prot)
edwin
viconia
and korgan..... im entering suldenesselar (whatever) right now
and i have heard almost nothing from them, at all...

- all korgan ever said was good fight.....we in a age of killing, and killing is what we do best !!. then i answer i agree blah blah.
- all edwin ever asked me is,what did u feel when u saw the light fade out of your brothers eyes etc about 3 times. (he still hasnt mentioned a word about the damn nether scroll by the way !!)
- then theyve done a few auto remarks triggered by situatiuons.

is this usual..... or(bug) are you really suposed to bond with your party, cuz they havent said jack so far.
(offcourse i did have the love romance with vic)

2) suldenesselar,,,, is this the final battle... or quest or well you get my drift. is so il spend all my money on whatever potion/items may come in handy. for my trip that ends with irenikus.

3) korgan shows a level drain icon when fighting vamps and not leveling up untill greater restoration, even tho he weilds the imprioved mace of disruption.he doesnt actually lose strength or levels ... i have installed the officisl tob patch then the tob baldur fixpack . any ideas?

4) oh yea am i gonna need the paladins or government house ever again? otherwise il make a quick pitstop before entering suldenessalar.

thanks.

[ 02-06-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Eternal ]
Old 02-06-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
Annatar
Mephistopheles

1: maybe you played the game real fast that they didn't got time to talk to you, the nps you have aren't that talking though

2: this will be the final battle in SoA that is (involving Hell and al a like)
if you have like TDD installed it will continue after your final battle with Irenicus

3: it sounds like a bug, you have all the mods installed so can't help you with that one

4: you will not need them so make your *Pitstop* if you want.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Spoilers in answers...

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal:
1) my party consists out bane (prot)
edwin
viconia
and korgan..... im entering suldenesselar (whatever) right now
and i have heard almost nothing from them, at all...

- all korgan ever said was good fight.....we in a age of killing, and killing is what we do best !!. then i answer i agree blah blah.
- all edwin ever asked me is,what did u feel when u saw the light fade out of your brothers eyes etc about 3 times. (he still hasnt mentioned a word about the damn nether scroll by the way !!)
- then theyve done a few auto remarks triggered by situatiuons.

is this usual..... or(bug) are you really suposed to bond with your party, cuz they havent said jack so far.
(offcourse i did have the love romance with vic)
All the NPC-quests must happen in Chapter 2 & 3.

Quote:
2) suldenesselar,,,, is this the final battle... or quest or well you get my drift. is so il spend all my money on whatever potion/items may come in handy. for my trip that ends with irenikus.
Hehe. Well, it is a part of the final battle. You'll first have to fix things up in the city itself, then you have the first final battle with Irenicus, and then, you'll have to fight him again in the Nine Hells. So don't be afraid of using your potions, etc., just keep in mind that there are two final battles.
And then you go to ToB...

Quote:
3) korgan shows a level drain icon when fighting vamps and not leveling up untill greater restoration, even tho he weilds the imprioved mace of disruption.he doesnt actually lose strength or levels ... i have installed the officisl tob patch then the tob baldur fixpack . any ideas?
Aye, sure seems like one of the bugs the two patches have forgotten. Unless, do you have ToB, or only SoA? Because the ToB-patch doesn't work with only SoA.

Quote:
4) oh yea am i gonna need the paladins or government house ever again? otherwise il make a quick pitstop before entering suldenessalar.
LOL. Go ahead, make your day. [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
All the NPC-quests must happen in Chapter 2 & 3.
I just (last night) did Jan's quest in chapter 6.
Are you sure its ALL the NPC quests?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 05:07 PM   #5
Brennihelvete

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal:
hi,

few questions,

(0) most annoying bug,

whenever i try summoning a 4th summon it says unable cuz theres a 5 summon limit etc,note that this is only my 4th summon.
i dont have summons in other rooms n ive tried sleeping for 2 weeks n it still does it. no summon lasts that long.

sometimes it even happens on my 3rd (could be because i left a summon alive tho)
but weirdest thing is the skeletons seem to override this, one time i can summon like 7 skeletal warriors, then the other time it counts towards the limits and i cant have more summons then 3.
im writing this in a hurry so i hope its not to blurry, any ideas how to fix this or what it might be?

Does this apply in all areas of the game?
If yes then theres probably a bug
If no then my guesses is that some of your summons have been imprisoned. Even though theyre miles beneath the earth they still add to your summon count.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:35 PM   #6
Aurum
Manshoon

Question Mark

Paladins forever.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:14 PM   #7
masteraleph
Elminster

0- could be a really weird bug. OR it could be a known bug, in which a creature does not unsummon, regardless of time, until you return to the room in which it was. Personally, I always kill off my remaining summons, just in case.

1- That is odd, they normally have interparty bantering.

2- Basically the final battle. You can leave before the final battle to restock, but I wouldn't worry about potions. Note that although you can leave, as soon as you enter chapter 7, all romances stop, period, so make sure you're done before you start it.

3- That's just very odd, it shouldn't happen

4- Like I said you shouldn't, although if you're lawful evil, you really shouldn't, just 'cause that'd be against your alignment.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 05:17 AM   #8
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Two things which may be affecting the summon limit:
The first is simple. You cast a spell which has a chance of summoning more than one monster. You already have four summons and the game tries to summon two more. The game spawns one monster, and the other is not created and you are told why he isn't created.
The other is a bit more difficult. You could have a summon which is imprisoned. Since he is not dead, he still counts towards our summon limit. You will have to cast Freedom in the place he was imprisoned, or have a low summon limit forever. This could pose problems if you haven't a clue where he is.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:16 AM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by pcgiant:

The other is a bit more difficult. You could have a summon which is imprisoned. Since he is not dead, he still counts towards our summon limit. You will have to cast Freedom in the place he was imprisoned, or have a low summon limit forever. This could pose problems if you haven't a clue where he is.
Yes, that was my guess as well...
On a side-note, the ToB spell Summon Deva actually becomes useless when your previously summoned Deva is still imprisoned; when you try to summon one, nothing actually happens. You have to cast a freedom spell first at the location of the Imprisonment before you're able to use the spell again.

[ 02-07-2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:04 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

The summons. This can happen if you have summoned a monster and then you have left the area before the monster's time elapsed. The monster in the area you've left need NOT vanish automatically - even if its time is over. The monster will be there forever - or until you return to that area. When you return, the "overaged" monster will vanish immediately on your entering the area.
Now, the "overaged" monster counts to your limit of summoned monsters all the time so that you cannot summon your 5 monsters for apparently unknown reason. The only help is to visit all areas where you have summoned monsters and where some summoned monster may "survive" unintentionally. This happened to me several times with Skeletal Warriors.