Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 08:58 PM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Well there are alot more aerie fans outthere than I thought. Dont get me wrong I dont find anything wrong with her as Cleric/Mage its just as a character in general (She never seemed to stop whining when she was in my party.)

Come to think about I havn't stopped whinning about her, NOOOO IM TURNING INTO AERIE.

I can understand what you're saying, this is why I often play an evil party, just to have an excuse not to bring her along [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 12:47 PM   #12
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
I was recently playing SOA and I thought does anyone actually like Aerie. All she ever does is winge and moan "Oh my poor Wings will I ever be able to fly again" ARGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP AERIE.

I have to ask does everyone hate her or is it just me. How anyone can even contemplate having a romance with her is beyond me. Why couldn't they put a decent NPC into the game like Coran or Yeslick instead of that moaning BLOODY ELF!!!!!!!!!

Well to understand Aerie is easy. She's a victim of Limb Loss. Have you ever lost a limb? From the people I've met, it's dowright Traumatic, and takes a LONG WHILE to get over. Add to the fact that Aerie was sold into slavery for SAVING someone, and the fact that they didn't even find a way to numb the pain while they sawed her wings off with rusty saws, I say she has every single right to complain. Don't down a person for complaining if you have never been in their shoes, because you're the lucky one for not experiencing it.

As for romance, she does complain a little more, even gets to a point where she's sort of suicidal, however she does end up accepting that she won't fly, even asks you to teach her how to fight better because she wants to battle evil.

Besides that, she's fictional, not real, made-up, how can anyone hate a fictional character?

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Jerr Conner ]

<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #13
Aurum
Manshoon

She is very stronght, she and my pc not need aid of anybody.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:16 PM   #14
Sorcerer Alex

I agree with the starter of the thread. I hate her personality and character throughout SoA. But as a cleric/mage..... well, she's damn good
Old 01-28-2002, 06:35 PM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

I thought we had settled this already...

Well I like her, maybe it's the way she accepts her fate in the end and finds new meaning to life. I just can't help it but I feel sorry for her...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:14 PM   #16
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Still getting replies to this one, well it goes to show how stongly people feel about this character either for love or hate. but I have to say it again I cant stand her
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:54 AM   #17
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Well there are alot more aerie fans outthere than I thought. Dont get me wrong I dont find anything wrong with her as Cleric/Mage its just as a character in general (She never seemed to stop whining when she was in my party.)

Bah, all we're talking about is a character created by a team of programmers! There's no real reason to get too excited about it, one way or the other. But as far as character traits are concerned, Aerie does display classic traits of a survivor from abuse, midway through the cycle to self-acceptance. Take that for what you will.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 03:54 PM   #18
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by fable:

Bah, all we're talking about is a character created by a team of programmers! There's no real reason to get too excited about it, one way or the other. But as far as character traits are concerned, Aerie does display classic traits of a survivor from abuse, midway through the cycle to self-acceptance. Take that for what you will.

Exactly ;C)
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote