Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2002, 10:55 AM   #21
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

*tries to struggle with the spider web all over his fingers*

Huh? Me? Take the spider silk from you?

*drops hammer used to break lock*

D'oH! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Okay, that tears it - I am in the swamp right now - I am heading back to friggin' Trynton. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am gonna lay waste to everything that stands in my way! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I WILL HAVE A SPIDER SILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:04 AM   #22
Elara
The Magister

um .. have you tried the spiders in the Mt Gigas Caves? That's where I've always gotten spider silk. Have never gotten spiders in Trynton or the Monastery to cough up any.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 04:15 PM   #23
vesselle
Hathor

~~elara~~

::curtsies very prettily::

thanks, but we have been everywhere on many, many occassions, even changed game settings from easy to expert. we have our X-Ray on alla time and a ranger that auto searches. prolly why the thread has degenerated into a rp-ing frustration-vent thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

we may possibly be spider silk-challenged, but we aren't idiots! LOL!! well, we are the Blonde Brigade, [img]graemlins/group2.gif[/img] so maybe we are!

personally, i think that some things just don't drop for some peeps. i have friends who are turning into screaming meemies because they can't find tanto wasp wings, after doing everything in the world to get them, including fighting tanto wasps (musn't forget the obvious, eh?)

~~achmed~~

what makes it much much worse is i DO know what i am looking for. [img]smile.gif[/img] i have a zillion, taunting screenies from a bf who wildly waves spider silk in my face whenever he sees me! he does everything in the world to remind me i am one of the have-nots.

but i have a surprise for him.... ::giggles evilly, which only the Blonde Brigade can do:: that's riiiiight! i am withholding something he REALLY wants something he REALLY needs [img]tongue.gif[/img] something he can't get thru a night without .......................... the remote control!!!!

V***V
Old 01-11-2002, 07:48 PM   #24
Moni

Well I am beginning to believe that the game cheats...keeps you at every disadvantage it possibly can because it knows it will eventually lose.
I did not have a fairy in my first game...got tons of Spider Silk.
My second game, not only have I not seen a bit if Spider Silk yet, but it took me ten reloads of the Lower Monestary to get some venom crabs on the beach. I did at least get three venom crab shells out of 9 crabs just before I choked on my soda and killed my second keyboard in a year. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]
I have been reloading the Trynton Upper Branches, fighting Vile Spiders and getting no Silk...none dropped in the 4th bough earlier in my game either although my first game I just happened to get 4 there...with no fairy in my party...wouldn't you know I was dumb enough to use the incense and nothing spawns there now!
I am thinking that those of us with fairies, or those of us who may have waited a day too long to get to Trynton on time are at a disadvantage and will have to seek the Silk in the Mt. Gigas caves...I only got a couple of them there my first game *but* they were there.
I've got about 5 more reloads of the Trynton Upper Branches before I get utterly disappointed and drag our sorry behinds into the Mt. Gigas Caves to see what kind of luck I'll have there.
If Fairies are harder to hit, why does mine get whacked the most?
Old 01-11-2002, 09:31 PM   #25
Feanor
Dungeon Master

not to beat a dead horse, but...
i got spider silk in Trynton both of the previous times i played from the 3 spiders that are infesting a house. I can't remember exactly where the house is, but I think it was a couple of boughs up(the lvl right b4 you get to the zoo maybe?). Anyway, i remember the house has some cool looking rays of light coming through the roof.

Of course, they may have run out by now.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 10:51 PM   #26
vesselle
Hathor

MONI!!!

::runs up and hugs you, smiling:: LOL! someone who agrees with me. oh, i don't feel like such a loner anymore!! oh, i will warn you now sweetie, mt gigas came up big fat zeroes for me, oh ...... about 5 times now. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

i wish i could undo the dagnab incense, too. at least i would get one of the staves that way.

oh, here's the kicker, too! move your keyboard outta the way. last week, i started a pure magick group, The Magickal Mistress Tour, and guess what? [img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] 6 venom shells as soon as we closed the Monastery's front door behind us AND 5 spider silks in the graveyard on the way to Arnika!

and NO faerie mage.

GAAAAAAHHHHH!! the game goddess hates me! somewhere at this moment, linda is giggling over our attempts to find things she went to such great lengths to hide.

V***V
Old 01-12-2002, 12:06 AM   #27
Moni

Feanor,
I killed 'em...no Spider Silk!
I even rested in that house and woke up to three more!
I killed 'em.
No Spider Silk!

LOL vesselle,
Hugs back at cha!
Yeah Linda has to be patting herself on the back right now for this game...it is one tough cookie...best game and most fun I have had in a long long time!

LOL...you know the irony with the keyboard is that this desk has a keyboard shelf that slides in under the desktop...I usually have it tucked underneath because the cats think nothing of walking over it when they access the desk and to top it off, I wasn't even using the PC...I had just left it on and the keyboard out while watching the news...saw the soda sitting there "on my way by" and decided to finish it off, little knowing I was going to kill the keyboard and nearly myself in the process! Unless I am typing, it stays tucked in...Rex says, "No more keyboards for you!" Can't blame him really...last one got killed with soda too but at least I did not choke on it...me or one of the cats knocked it over.

I haven't made it to Mt.Gigas yet...was still doing reloads of Trynton Upper Branches, trying to get lucky when I got too bored to continue (for now)

I'll pick it all back up sometime this weekend, but I really have to concentrate on getting the house shiny so that when I go back to school on Monday, it won't take so much effort to keep it all together with the little amount of time during the week that I'll have to pay it attention for the next couple of months.

Take care and best of luck to all the Spider Silk Hunters!
Old 01-12-2002, 10:08 AM   #28
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Heh, never thought this thread (get it? Thread? Spider webs? Thread? Oh never mind!) would go on this long. But yeah - still no spider thread for me... sigh. I WOULD be the one that gets the anal spiders that refuse to give up their friggin' silk! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 04:22 PM   #29
vesselle
Hathor

~~vap~~

don't feel too bad. i have my gadgie making this really cumbersome thingie that she says will "force" spiders to give up their silk.

::rubs her hands gleefully, whispering:: i always knew she would come in handy some day! when i finally get my silk, don't worry, i will be generous and pass it out to all us "have nots"!

V***V

::who's so excited about this oddball contraption, she's dancing::
Old 01-12-2002, 06:05 PM   #30
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Think maybe if I get a psionic to mentally make spiders hand over their silks?!?? [img]smile.gif[/img]