Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #11
Jazz
Welcomed New User

Seems we still have some speculation on a few things...any others want to comment on location of:

Demon Doll
High Voltage Transformer
Electric Eye
Loudspeaker

Thanks!
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 11:04 PM   #12
mier
Welcomed New User

Might as well bump this up. I just finished searching Mt. Gigas for the loudspeaker and high voltage amplifier myself to no avail. Had detect secrets on most of the time.
mier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:02 AM   #13
Tennessee Ernie Ford
Elite Waterdeep Guard

to the best of my knowledge, the only source for the existence of these items is the hint guide...and we all know how accurate that is

I haven't seen anyone [bold]ever [/bold]say that they found any of these items. (With the exception of the usual confusion between the Amplifier and the Transformer, b/c of the word 'voltage.')
<b>Tennessee Ernie Ford</b><p>TEF is the <i>nom de web </i> of the author of RPG guides, such as <br />[url]\"http://members.aol.com/tenernie\" target=\"_blank\">TEF\'s Guide to Enroth</a>. <br />No relationship is intended or claimed to the fantabulous gospel singer of the same name.
Tennessee Ernie Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 08:51 AM   #14
Nydlari
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Tennessee Ernie Ford:
to the best of my knowledge, the only source for the existence of these items is the hint guide...and we all know how accurate that is

I haven't seen anyone [bold]ever [/bold]say that they found any of these items. (With the exception of the usual confusion between the Amplifier and the Transformer, b/c of the word 'voltage.')

Yes, I did find the HIGH voltage amplifier. This does not mean everyone will find the high voltage amplifier. What's being overlooked is that most if not all the best items in the game are randomized, this includes gadgets. Just as the light sword, and the top bard instruments are randomized, so are the gadgets. No single Gadgeteer will build all the gadgets without cheating. Just like your bards won't get all the best instruments, and yout fighter won't get all the best weapons.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:29 PM   #15
Elara
The Magister

Nydlari, you say,
"Yes, I did find the HIGH voltage amplifier"

Am sorry to say that there is no such gadget in the Dominus universe. There supposedly is a High Voltage *Transformer* however.

If you meant the *Transformer*, would you be so kind as to say where you found it? Thankees! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:27 PM   #16
Nydlari
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Elara:
Nydlari, you say,
"Yes, I did find the HIGH voltage amplifier"

Am sorry to say that there is no such gadget in the Dominus universe. There supposedly is a High Voltage *Transformer* however.

If you meant the *Transformer*, would you be so kind as to say where you found it? Thankees! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Er, yeah that be what I meant. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I found in in Mt. Gigas; I think it was in the room opened by the presure plate, but don't remember exactly. I wasn't using a gadgeteer, so all the gadgets just got thrown into a locker in HLL headquaters, where it sits to this day.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:49 PM   #17
vesselle
Hathor

hmmm.

seems to support my theory on randomization in the game. if your class needs something, there is a lower chance of you finding it compared to a group that doesn't use that class.

in my current game i am finding wonderful samurai and ninja accessories and weapons. but try to get them with my group that has a ninja? nuh unh. no way. not gonna happen in this lifetime.

::sighs:: i guess it explains why i am finding little to no gadgie items this go-round too. my other game, i have chests full of gadgie garbage!!

evil i tell ya. that linda is just plain evil.

V***V