Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-13-2001, 10:42 AM   #11
April Ryan
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem:
There's a way to drag any npc to where they don't want to go, though I'm not sure whether there're any future implications beside the frequent whining. Using portal is one way but that's kind of troublesome. all you have to do is run around the area near the entrance of the "forbidden" area you want to go until the bothersome npc faints. then run right into that area =P

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
April Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:55 AM   #12
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Tantris in my game was a level 6 Samurai not a level 14 ninja. Larlador, I would love to know how you got him as a level 14 ninja.

BTW - I was able to recruit Tantris just by accepting the first mission for the Trang.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 12:14 PM   #13
madmarcos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

any good reason to play with recruits other than to flesh out some ability your party might be lacking in? myles has added good pickpocketing and lockpicking since my ninja put points elsewhere. but the robot monk and vi do pathetic damage compared to the rest of my party. and they eat up a portion of the total xp. are recruits needed somewhere to finish a quest or the game, etc.?
madmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 11:42 PM   #14
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

Since people have been asking......

BUMP
Old 12-16-2001, 02:44 AM   #15
Dajjer
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem:
There's a way to drag any npc to where they don't want to go, though I'm not sure whether there're any future implications beside the frequent whining. Using portal is one way but that's kind of troublesome. all you have to do is run around the area near the entrance of the "forbidden" area you want to go until the bothersome npc faints. then run right into that area =P

Ah ha!

So that explains my Mook NPC remark.

When I portaled into the Rapex Riff, The mook replied "You must have moved into this area when I was incapacitated, please return me to the base."

It seems like the designers were aware of the fainting trick.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 02:34 PM   #16
Elara
The Magister

The Android Monk was so fast in my earlier party that later in the game I had to give him stones in all slots for awhile, to allow my party members to get in a few licks per combat and get their skills up, yeesh! He will go anywhere except the Rapax Away Camp. Never tried to bring him there when it was still the Wilderness Clearing.
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote