Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 10:02 AM   #1
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just wanna know a little bit more about this class.

I would of course look in the manual but unfortunally I've lost it somewhere..

why pick a paladin over a fighter for example?

things like that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by newander:
just wanna know a little bit more about this class.

I would of course look in the manual but unfortunally I've lost it somewhere..

why pick a paladin over a fighter for example?

things like that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Greetings and hallucinations! You might want to check my post in the thread about "what class should I be?". In short, a paladin is a knight. They have some cleric spells at higher levels and also get the ability to turn undead as clerics do (though at 3 levels below your level so you can't do it at all until 4th level I think) and they have several unique paladin abilities like lay on hands, holy smite, detect evil...that sort of thing. Try one out, I like to use paladins on my first trip through any game...it just depends on what you're good at playing.

Slater...
Old 12-24-2002, 09:02 AM   #3
newander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the answer [img]smile.gif[/img]

so is there a reason to choose a fighter instead a paladin?

great fighters both

or maybe a fighter getting feats quicker than a paladin?

paladins seem so cool with their goodie-goodie-two-shoes style hehe

I'd like to be an EVIL paladin!

but I think I saw something about a paladin doing evil stuff loose their class or something..
does that mean that you have to progress in another class instead?
Old 12-24-2002, 10:27 AM   #4
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

Ummm, don't know if there's fallen paladins in NWN or not, but I would say so. I think that a fallen paladin pretty much just looses paladin powers: which sucks because there ARE advantages to having a regular fighter over a paladin or any other fighter subclass. The most important advantage is that fighters get more skill points per level than any other class (also affected by INT modifier) and they get several bonus feats in addition such as power attack, disarm, dodge, two weapon fighting, etc. Other classes can get these feats also, but fighters (and fighters only) get extra points to spend on them. Paladins are still cool though.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:42 AM   #5
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

In addition to all of the above mentioned things, the first 3 lvls of Paladin give you some cool bonuses, like immunity to Fear, Disease, Poison, and some other cool stuff that I cant remember....
Old 01-02-2003, 09:56 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

there is a fallen paladin - aribeth [img]tongue.gif[/img] and she still has her powers damn her, im close to getting my hands on the evil wench and shall adminster a sound spanking (with a big sword)
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 11:31 AM   #7
Chocolate Man
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Put a spoiler heading in your post Grungi! That is a MAJOR plot revelation in the pre-packaged storyline.

SPOILER
Aribeth has all of those special powers because she became a Blackguard. The details are in the DM's guide but one of the things that a high level fallen Paladin can do is trade in Paladin levels for Blackguard levels, which is most likely what she did.
Chocolate Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:24 PM   #8
Aurum
Manshoon

Question Mark

Paladin is great, have strenght similar a warrior but are noble that anybody, Paladin follow the way law, have cleric spell, inmunity, girls, etc..

"Son guerreros muy fuertes"