Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-25-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

You enter town on a long dusty road, that winds comfortably through a small, quaint town. As you head down Main Street, you notice people conversing happily in various buildings. A small cafe stands prominently on the corner, with the sign above it reading "Cloudy's Cafe est. 2001". As you glance inside, you see the lovely host standing behind the counter and talking with the customers perched on stools. Two pretty young waitresses dash about, chatting with the patrons. A teenage boy naps on one of the soft, purple couches, and another helps the waitress serve drinks. A dragon's breath can be seen in the back, and a large bird flaps around the building.
Also along Main Street is a dark shadowed building with a faded sign hanging by a hinge that reads "The Abyssal Pit" in red letters. From the cellar of this establishment you hear loud shouts and jeers, along with the drunken songs that inhabit any bar or pub. Further along there is a large building that reads "Town Hall" above it. A passerby informs you that this is where the Mayor Ziroc and his councillors meet. Flags from many countries fly around the windows.
As you turn off of Main Street on to a road with a sign that says "Baldurs Gate East St." the atmosphere becomes a bit more old fashioned, and a bit more fantastical. People in armor and robes march down the dusty street, popping into small houses and buildings along the way. A large tavern stands halfway down the street. Within you spot a tall, handsome man behind the bar, and a pretty elf greeting the customers. Adventurers settle down for a drink or just some conversation.
Another street crosses this further down, with an old sign reading "Fantasy Rd." A monumental old library is the first building on this street. You peer through the windows and spot rows upon rows of shelves covered in books. People are huddled in corners, hotly discussing the novels they have been reading. Each house along this street has a cozy, homey feel.

This is Ironworks.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of Jerome, The Fallen Paladin
Honored Friend of the Warrior SSJ4Sephiroth, and the Arch-Mage Jafin
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Old 09-25-2001, 07:12 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*cough*

Not forgetting the dancin' square.... complete with sturdy oak tables...

And where's the drunk's corner?

------------------

Within the jungle of my deepest emotion,
With a coat resplendant in a golden sheen,
Swiftly hunting my tender love,
Stalks the regal, Feline Queen
Old 09-25-2001, 07:14 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, thats a pretty good breakdown of it... hmm, perhaps i should add in the under construction: North Crater or Promised Land (name pending), area of the Gen Con...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Dear and trusted friend of the Lioness.
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Old 09-25-2001, 07:18 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I think we are also missing the town zoo

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-25-2001, 07:21 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
I think we are also missing the town zoo

I think that'll be linked to the "Drunk's Corner" question....

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 07:23 PM   #6
Blade
Emerald Dragon

But of corse they are right next to eachother lol

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-25-2001, 07:25 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

That was great Lioness I remember we used to write similar things way-back-when on my Chain Stories! I feel that our Ironworks IS very much like visiting in a town, with "threads" as different establishments, etc. Great Minds think alike! Oh, and don't forget the "government buildings" with the serious discussions, and the Office of Citizenship (my house of questions) with all it's papers to be filled out, and the Library (Books forum), the voting booths (polls section), etc. You could go on and on, and you write so very well! (hint hint nudge nudge)

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 07:30 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thanx LadyZ.

Oh, you guys, add to it!!! Go ahead! Of course we need a Drunk's Corner and a Zoo, or Jerome just doesn't fit!

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of Jerome, The Fallen Paladin
Honored Friend of the Warrior SSJ4Sephiroth, and the Arch-Mage Jafin
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Old 09-25-2001, 07:30 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
You could go on and on, and you write so very well! (hint hint nudge nudge)

Agreed!

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 07:33 PM   #10
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Agreed!