Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-03-2000, 11:30 PM   #1
Ðrâktøn

I'm sure this has been posted before, but anyway... If you create a character, add him to the party and then delete him, you get to keep his 200 gold. You can do this as many times as you want to get unlimited amounts of gold.
Ð.

Old 10-04-2000, 11:18 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi everyone. I'm worried that this bug may be taken out with a patch if I post it, but I'll do it anyway.

I have read some posts about money making, and I found out you can take it to a new level, and I'm talking MILLIONS of pieces of gold.

How? Well, you can use the trick that was posted to create 5 dummy characters and then pool gold with a good character, kick them out then re add. This gives you 1000 gold a time and takes a while. Or, you can get the Dragon Arrow from Master Wuon Hung Lo in the Bushi Dojo and resell as another player mentioned. These are great tricks, but you can take them even further I found out.

So, using either one of these tricks, get around 10,000 pieces of gold. Now, be in town and pool all the gold to one of your good characters. Go to the inn, and then pool your gold to your character you want to be a rich bastard. Now, boot out all the characters except the millionaire to be.

Next, add only the character that had the money previously, and then pool the gold to the rich one again.

As you will see, this large amount of gold can be repooled AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Now, just leave the Inn to start this all over. Once you get around a million or so, you can have so much gold its not even funny. I stopped when I had 5,000,000, and a spare million in the Town Vault.

Yes, I realize this seems like a dishonorable cheat, so use at your discretion.

Scronan
Old 10-06-2000, 11:52 AM   #3
Paldarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for sharing this. Any other bugs found yet?
Old 10-06-2000, 01:46 PM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

The only other thing I've found that may be considered a "cheat" is with guilds.

Say you have a Rogue that can only join the Thief's guild. If she has enough stats to go for a class change, you can ask for a Samurai quest. By just accepting this quest, she is now eligible for membership in both the Bushi and Wizard guilds.

Now, if you don't want her to be a Samurai now or later, you can cancel the training, and do it again if you like. You will lose some money, but if you used the money cheat, or just stock up a lot if you are squeamish, you will have plenty.

If you see my point here, it is possible to get membership in ALL guilds, and there are 5 of them I've seen so far.

And remember, every level you get, you can train once in EACH guild. If you change class many times with an end goal in mind like I'm doing, say Rogue, Bard, Paladin then Ninja as the final permanent class, you can max out all your stats and some magic abilities. Your characers will be very powerful.

This is simillar to what I did in Wiz 7, where my characters were all fighter classes with maxed out Ninja, Pickpocket, Magic, Firearms and EVERY stat under the sun. And I did this without a money trick.

More stats means more power. You can end up with all fighter classes who KICK ASS in every skill and magic there is. It may take some time, but trust me, when you get in a big battle, its worth it.

This is what enabled me take out all of the Gorrors in Crusaders of the Dark Savant, including the Fiend from 9 Worlds.

Good luck

Scronan
Old 10-06-2000, 02:11 PM   #5
GotAnger

might i ask a few quesitons of you since you are farther then me.
Wer is the serpant temple?
what do i give the oracle?
Were is the raptor egg?

THanks for the time if you could ehlp i woudl appreciate it thanks

Old 10-07-2000, 01:14 AM   #6
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Serpant Temple is near Ishad. You must have the Signet Ring to get past the Oracle, and to have her open the caves.

I haven't got a Raptor's egg, but I hear its near the Toad Village...

Hope this helps!

Scronan
Old 10-07-2000, 02:26 PM   #7
Paldarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question:

Will the money cheat only work at the beginning of a new game? I haven't been able to "go back to the till" for replicating the cheat since my stalwart group began adventuring.
Old 10-07-2000, 03:12 PM   #8
Philip

Money cheat at the Inn works all the time (as far as I can tell). Pool money to Char A outside Inn. Enter Inn. Pool money to char B. Remove and Add char A. Pool money to B, etc... whenever you want, go outside and pool to A again and repeat. This really is TOO easy.