Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2001, 04:01 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just had to say, that's brilliant, Armie. Just to add to my little story, she'll be back end of March for another 3 months. Then who knows? But I'll cross that bridge when i get there. It's all part of life and learning.
Old 02-21-2001, 05:52 AM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hey Wah, really sorry to hear that (I really felt very happy for you when I read the Valentine thread!)
I think almost everybody on the board has gone through something like this in their teenage years (I know I did, I was devastated when my first Major Crush broke up with me). The shitty thing about it is, hearing other people telling you you will get over it like they did doesn't soften the pain one bit, does it? The knowledge that this will take time to get over is depressing, I can understand, but try to see it as comforting instead! Live on the knowledge that one day you'll be old and maybe even will have forgotten what her name was. I know this won't help you now, but I swear it will be true after some time! I wish I could help you better than this, but helping people who are love sick is -in my experience- one of the most difficult things there are! Try to finish your story as a distraction, and of course you can always email me or one of the others! Keep posting!
Maybe the cutey in my sig will cheer you up?
Old 02-21-2001, 06:07 AM   #13
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

just remember .. your not even twenty...
just remember .. you have not seen the true beauty
the true beauty of the world..the true beauty of life
the true meaning of who we are.. a shame to cut the thead with a knife

what i mean is... forgive and forget the things that happened... to end your self wheather vices or death, you have not even lived a tenth of your life... live on and be strong... be hard but not cold... always remember ... we will always support you...
Old 02-21-2001, 06:10 AM   #14
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

(whistle)... a bit uncencored there eh Melusine
dont forget the young ones here...
Old 02-21-2001, 09:02 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

*super quick off topic*
Zor pare, do you want me to find you a moving gif?
*super quick back on topic*
Old 02-21-2001, 09:25 AM   #16
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

little anyone says will stop you hurting, and prehaps words arent needed at all.

Please know Wah that everone without exception feel genuinley sorry and offers as much support as is humanly possible. I hope that you can remember that there are people here who care about you, and shall continue to do so till the universe as we know it grows into a bleak and barren place, and even then our friendship will continue.

Please dont forget about everyone here Wah, we all wish you the best.
Old 02-21-2001, 10:09 AM   #17
Stealth Bomber

Memnoch, that canadian friend sounds very special. Superb view of life, well beyond her years. Love both her poem and Armisaels. Melusine is partly right in that other people telling you to get over it won't work, but at least knowing others care and have shared a similar experience is some comfort. I wouldn't worry too much Wah, as most people change a lot in their late teens early 20's and people you like now will seem very different in a few years. A lot of relationships break up at this age because people drift apart as their needs and tastes change. Memnoch's friend is so right that you should use each friendship as a lesson in discovering what you want in a partner, so that when you finally commit, the relationship is more likely to survive. I married lateish, 32, because I wasn't sure what I wanted. I have met many wonderful people, some of whom I may have married under different circumstances. However, I love my wife dearly and I know she is special ie one of the few who could put up with me! You tend to meet the most important people by chance, so make yourself go out with your friends and enjoy yourself. Who knows, you might that certain someone tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2001, 10:21 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

My sentiments exactly Stealth. Live and learn - on your own. That's what gives you strength, being able to handle the knocks.
Old 02-21-2001, 10:31 AM   #19
Stealth Bomber

By the way Memnoch, when she comes back could I have the blonde babe? Or failing that, tell your canadian friend there is a middle aged , balding spaniard with a paunch, living in Scotland who has the hots for her. That should do it. You can explain to her that she could treat it as a learning exercise in what not to look for in a man. After a week here she will realize what she has with you and sweep you off your feet! Consider it an act of frienship on my part. No chore is too much trouble for a friend.

Old 02-21-2001, 11:28 AM   #20
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wah;it wouldn't be comforting to say it will be alright,you know what,it isn't.i'm not sure if you have followed any of my "oh God,why"stuff,but my wife of almost six years thought about seperating and that hurts worse than a break up due to the fact that you don't know if it is over or if it's done.at least you know the outcome.take it as a learning experience and go forth and enjoy life,yes love seems like everything but it's not.i know you don't have kids but for me i can except my wife,but i know my kids love me unconditionaly and that is all i need.i'm only 24 but have lived a life that was never easy or ideal.but you have to think like a surviver and use the experience to better you for the next time.i'm not saying not to love ,but to be ready for the next time.we are young and it's going to happen more than once,that i promise you.you have to expect it when dealing with or counting on others,poeple will let you down,people will not like you ,it just life and you have to be able to deal with it,it's the whole growing up and becoming an adult.Be strong,you'll live through it.and if you need some liquid strength i'll help you there(hehe)long live BUDWEISER