Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-12-2000, 06:34 AM   #1
bocajab

I was wondering what people read. like Memnoch he said he got his name from a book but I can't remember the title. so I will start, shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks is good what els is good??

Old 12-12-2000, 07:15 AM   #2
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

i got my name from the Sword of Truth Series... Shannara Series is good... how bout Wheel of TIme? Mercedes Lacky (i think that is her name) has nice names in the herald series. My name Zoratorak came as a goofy inspiration that it was suppose to be Zeddious Zorander 1st Wizard in the book... but Zoratorak sounds better for me =)
Old 12-12-2000, 07:46 AM   #3
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My name is in no book so far i know. I thought a little bit about. And then it just came into my mind. Im a person who likes the night, because it has something really peacefull. The moon, the stars, the fresh air, quiet atmosphere and so on... Force? hmm, well in the night, i feel protected from anything, sounds weird, but it is so. Im nearly invincible Ok, this is foolish. Let say, only midnight is a little bit too simple.
Old 12-12-2000, 07:51 AM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Am I reading your question right? You want to know what books are good? Here are a few of my most recent favorites:

* Assassin's Apprentice Series by Robin Hobb
* Witches of Eileanon (sp?) series by Kate Forsythe
* The Baker's Boy series by J.V. Jones
* Raymond E. Feist's Series ... almost all of them

All are chock-full of fun names if that's also what you're looking for.

So many books, so many games, so little time!
Old 12-12-2000, 07:51 AM   #5
Armisael

My name's in the bible. Beat that. : )

Old 12-12-2000, 07:55 AM   #6
Armisael

Also, if you're looking for a funny read, as I so often am, get a couple of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Been reading them for ten years, and they still make me fall off my chair. The counting tree / mayfly bit from Reaper Man remains my all-time favourite.

Old 12-12-2000, 08:07 AM   #7
Larr2

Memnoch gets his name from the Anne Rice "Vampire Chronicles", more specifically, "Memnoch the Devil."

Old 12-12-2000, 08:20 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You bet. The Vampire Chronicles are a really good read. There's an actual forum for books by the way, you guys should check it out.

BTW did anyone read Baldurs Gate the novel and did it suck!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2000, 03:34 AM   #9
bocajab

thanks for the replies I will read them.
the reason why I posted it here and not a book forum was to find out what kind of books RPG players read.

thanks

Old 12-13-2000, 03:37 AM   #10
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Any of R.A.Salvatore's Forgotten realms books!