Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-31-2001, 10:22 PM   #51
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

Originally posted by John D Harris:
frudi_x,
"Big Bucks" is an expression meaning the one or ones in charge or in this case the ones doing the research and theorising on the subject of how the big bang came about

hm, gotta work on my understanding of idioms and phrases I guess
or maybe I'm just confused because it's past 4 am here and my mind is floating somewhere between my body and my bed...

[This message has been edited by frudi_x (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 10:28 PM   #52
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Interesting topic. Personally I believe that God did create everything......but I am also a scientist, well engineer in training. I believe that the genesis story is purely symbolic.....and that evolution and the big bang may of course be true. In fact I believe they were tools used by the creator. It takes a lot more faith to believe that the world was created randomly than to believe it was created by an all-powerful being. Aethiests have far more faith than Christians therefore. Their faith is that there is no creator. Therefore they either cannot explain where everything came from, or cling tightly to their science and randomness? Who created science? Who created randomness? What happened before the big bang? Where did the particles come from to build up the pressure to cause the big bang? Ok u might explain that....but then u'd have to explain what happened to cause the thing that caused the big bang to happen. It is an infinite process. Just like splitting atoms is an infinite process...u can always go smaller. Counting is an infinite process. Humans cannot comprehend infinity....we can never count to infinity. Computers will never be able to comprehend infinity...though they will comprehend greater numbers than humans. So someone must have created infinity. Someone (thing) that is beyond infinity. Beyond human comprehension. There is no other explanation. Everything had to start somewhere/somehow/sometime. Only an infinite being has no beginning and no end. You might call it God, Allah, or whatever you want. It is there....there is absolutely no other explanation.

And this is all besides all the other evidence. I see ppl who don't see all this as mentally blind.
I agree about the Genesis story as I said earlier in this thread. I find it interesting that we come to the same conclusion about infinity ,but from differing view points. I'm an artist trained to think conceptually, not linear(mathematicaly) and I can't rap my mind around the Infinite (since I'm finite).

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 11-01-2001, 01:11 PM   #53
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
I agree about the Genesis story as I said earlier in this thread. I find it interesting that we come to the same conclusion about infinity ,but from differing view points. I'm an artist trained to think conceptually, not linear(mathematicaly) and I can't rap my mind around the Infinite (since I'm finite).

[/B]

Of course you can't. No humans can. Some idiots say "But yes you can! I mean you just explained infinity there!" I might understand our human definition of infinity, how we define it and how we explain it to children....but if I could fully understand infinity....I wouldn't be living in 4 dimensions (time = 4thD) and I would be able to tell others who also understand infinity what the biggest number was and when the first moment in time was etc....I predict that humans will never reach this stage
Old 11-01-2001, 02:00 PM   #54
Sir Real
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Real:
When the big bang happened it fused helium and hydrogn (Which were created during the 'bang') togeather, making a star which nukurl reaction cause sub-atomic atoms fo shift positions making new substances.
As for the age it over 13 billion or so years old.
Oh as for god only knowing the answer, How do you know that I am not it?

[This message has been edited by Sir Real (edited 10-31-2001).]
Where did there Helium nad Hydrogen come from? The Quantum phsyisis that get paid the "big bucks" to think and study this won't even agree with you on that.
It was 10 to the minus 43, of a second after the big bang before any of the known laws of phsyics begin to apply! ( I misquote in the earlier post, sorry) National geographic magazine Oct 1999.

LOOK A GARDEN ASOTOMER, I SAID HELIUM AND HYDROGEN AS THEY MAKE SUNS AND SUNS MAKE OTHER ELEMENTS AS BY PROUDECTS OF THEIR REACTION.

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:

A theory does have proof, just not enough to yet be accepted as law. A hypothesis is a speculation, an educated guess that something is true. There is a clear difference, and what you are talking about is not a theory yet.

The bible never said the earth was flat, and actually that was not the standing belief of all people. Many sailors knew by the curve of the horizon that this wasn't the case. It just makes a good tale to say that Columbus was the first to think it was round.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BIBLE, I'M TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE FROM THE NORSE TO THE GREEKS AND THE ROMANS HUNDRENS OF OTHER CULTURES SAID THE EARTH WAS FLAT! AS THEY HAD NO WAY OF PROVING IT THROUGH SIMPLE SCIENCE!