Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 03:30 PM   #1
eb
Manshoon

Hello..
I need som advice to take down Irenicus.
I am soloing a Fighter/Mage/Thief with lvl 18/17/22

Any advice to take him down..
I have problems with him in the trees were you kill the bugs that infects the trees. When i killed the bugs and going after JonBon he is mean to me.
Any advices would be appreciated.

Thanks in Forehand
Old 01-20-2002, 05:42 PM   #2
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

well, buffing up beforehand could help... with your level, you can do just about anything he does, and you have tons of useful items that could give you an advantage... here a few things you might do:

turn into a mustard jelly and laugh at his puny attempts to hurt you (can´t remember if he summons a lot... if he does, change back briefly and cast a death fog or something like that)

use area spells against him (dispelling opponents spell protections is too much of a hassle... especially if you can just bypass them)

use hordes of summoned monsters to soak up the damage (or a few hakeashars)

use a scroll of magic protection (on yourself, although using it on him would be more amusing)

i´m not sure if all of these work well... can you give me a list of the spells he has up? then i could be slightly more specific.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:22 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

you need to bypass his two time-stops. i did it by running away, summoning two wild dogs, and sending them in one at a time to trigger time-stops, meteor shows etc. its quite amusing to see all that firpower for a dog.

to do it without chees your going to want to put up every defence you have, with all your protective items (if you could wear them all), and have potions of superior healing ready, while wearing boots of speed to avoid the worst of the area effects.

or just put up a prot from magic scroll. time stop will still work, but he can only hurt you in melee, so why does it matter. you can find one in trademeet and two in the adv mart if you need one. grab all you can, they will come in useful in ToB as well.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:44 AM   #4
eb
Manshoon

Okey i will go and take him out now.
Ive recently finished Watchers Keep so my lvl is 20/19/24 now so i don´t think its gonna be so hard now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thx for the advices.