Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-18-2005, 08:32 AM   #1
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Hi all I am new to NWN and am having some difficulties.

Possible spoilers....
(
So I have A Dwarf Fighter Lvl 5 with Tomi the Gnome Rouge as an NPC. I have worked my way through the Beggars nest and Have been killed twice fighting the big boss in the tombs. Here is my question. As the boss uses Fire magic where can I get protection from fire items? What can i do with all the Fire Beetle Stomachs that are laying around? Is there a Smity? sorry more than one question.BUt you get the gist. I dont want to spoil the game I'm just out of ideas here? Any suggestions would be most welcome....
Old 04-18-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

The stomachs can be used if you are a mage, you can use them as reagents and you can barter with them later.
There is a smithy.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Thanks Dragonshadow
Old 04-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

A tip on fighting the boss of the Beggars Nest.

since you're a fighter your magic resistances must be zero. What i finally did when i was a figther was run away (REALLY QUICKLY) everytime the Flame Strike spell was being cast.

Since we were fighting on one of the two platforms in that huge room, if you run down the platform then around one of its corners, the boss won't be able to see you and thus the spell cancels.

Tomi the Rogue has a high dex, and can succeed on his reflex throws to dodge the fire...most of the time.

OTher than that, you could try hasting yourself so you hit more often in attempt to disrupt her spell casting.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:49 AM   #5
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Hi again all thanks for the tips and info. I found out last night that I just needed to pay a little closer attention to the clues. Once that happened I was able to beat the boss and move on. I am really enjoying this game. The interface is a little different ( I've been playing BG,BGII, and TOB ) but it's worth getting used to. Any way thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back with more annoying questions at some point......