Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-06-2001, 01:00 PM   #21
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarak of ok'Onar:
just saved it to floppy and what it is is dalekeeper.zip file. no .exe or ne thing else. Is the .zip file ok??? I dont have winzip ne more so what can I do???
okay that explains why notepad is trying to open it. you dont have an unzip program, so notepad is trying to take its place.

you gotta get an unzipper. winzip is the easiest.

you can't use the program until it is unzipped. winzip is small and free. what more could you ask for?

when you install it, then you can doubleclick your DK file and winzip will automatically open it and help you install it.

you should let DK install to your hard drive, but i think that its a 444 kb file when its unzipped, which means if you want to, you can keep it on your floppy. but remember, everytime you use it, you have to keep your floppy in the drive and it has to detect iwd each and every time. if you install it on your drive, it only does that once.

get winzip from here.

*smiles* did i leave anything out?

my brain is fuzzy today, so forgive me if i forgot something.

V***V

i did forget something!! when you use DK, you MUST close down your iwd game. otherwise, DK doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-06-2001).]
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 02:21 PM   #22
ThanatosDoS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

vesselle, I for one applaud your patience and understanding in taking the effort to assist needy users to make their computer experience less daunting. Keep up the good work! I will offer assistance when and where I can, also.

"Aren't computers supposed to reduce the number of people it takes to perform any given task? I need a support person, and an IS person, just to save a file." <- typical computer user.

------------------
Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

ThanatosDoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 03:38 PM   #23
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh! NICE sig, Thanatos! Not exactly Pratchett, or Anthony, but NICE!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-06-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote