Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #11
Ilythiiri
The Magister

I am very sure in SoU, you can. I played a Chaotic Good Fighter/Dwarven Defender. And in the very beginning of SoU, there are quite a number of houses that belonged to the peasants, that are locked, I don't have pick lock skills, therefore I bashed the door open, and guess what? I lose 1 point in Chaotic stats.. making me lean towards more Chaotic. So I guess that Chaotic = violence, therefore bashing up peoples' doors and stuff will shift you towards Chaotic.

[ 09-06-2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Ilythiiri ]
Old 09-07-2005, 04:49 AM   #12
Zink Whistlefly

Ye Gods! This thread be an old one indeed!

The original discussion here (from 2003!) was regarding the original OC. Law/Chaos alignment changes were indeed implemented in SoU and HoTU.

Chaotic doesn't necessarily mean just being violent though - it mainly covers thievery in SoU, e.g. keeping Drogans items for yourself, and like you say breaking and entering other peoples locked property and stealing their possessions, but it also covers lying to people through conversation (whether you lie to protect someone, or just to lie to hurt people and amuse yourself is irrelevant when solely dealing with the law/chaos axis) or breaking your word to them (which again can be a good or evil action).
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote