Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2002, 05:21 PM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

From tomorrow's News of the World - not denied by Charlie. Apparently Harry was barred from a pub after a fight. Now I know that we never really thanked the Americans for taking Fergie odd of our hands but is there any chance you will take this arsehole from us? If his mother was alive today she'd be turning in her grave.

HARRY SENT TO `REHAB CLINC'

PRINCE Harry was sent to a drugs rehabilitation clinic after he admitted to smoking cannabis and drinking alcohol.

His father, the Prince of Wales, is believed to have sent his son to visit Featherstone Lodge Rehabilitation Centre in Peckham, south London, reports the News of the World.

Prince Charles took the decision after finding out that the prince had taken drugs at Highgrove private parties, and drank alcohol at the Rattlebone Inn, Sherston, Wiltshire, the paper says.

A spokesman for St James's Palace said: "This is a serious matter which was resolved within the family, and is now in the past and closed."
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-12-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

PRINCE Harry was sent to a drugs rehabilitation clinic after he admitted to smoking cannabis and drinking alcohol.

Now, there's a thought. If we implemented that in Hollywood and on Capitol Hill, we could get rid of our horrid entertainment industry and our entire government in one swell foop.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:09 PM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

if thats the worst britain has to offer then you must have the most law abiding society in the world.
sounds to me like he's a normal teenager, bong on [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Downunda ]

Old 01-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
From tomorrow's News of the World - not denied by Charlie. Apparently Harry was barred from a pub after a fight. Now I know that we never really thanked the Americans for taking Fergie odd of our hands but is there any chance you will take this arsehole from us? If his mother was alive today she'd be turning in her grave.

What?! Who'd dare bury her alive!!?

Nice one Harry!
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-12-2002, 09:07 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

I don't get the big deal about this. As Downunda says, he's just an ordinary teenager. The british press seems to love making a mountain out of a molehill. Any slip up of the royal family is seen as ground breaking news all the time, and to be honest, I'm quite sick of it.

And yes, Vaskez is right as usual - thumbs up to Harry

Old 01-13-2002, 09:21 AM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
[QB]I don't get the big deal about this. As Downunda says, he's just an ordinary teenager. The british press seems to love making a mountain out of a molehill. Any slip up of the royal family is seen as ground breaking news all the time, and to be honest, I'm quite sick of it.

Hehe, the reason they do this is that the royal family is supposed to be the symbol of Britain (or at least one of the symbols) and as such people expect the members of the royal family to behave like model citizens etc. (well really they should shouldn't they, otherwise they're just common bums with posh names and a lot of money? ). The fact that Harry is "as bad" as a "normal" teenager is obviously shocking to some 40+ year-olds and from their perspective I can understand their view.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-13-2002, 09:52 AM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

I was going to post about this.

I don't see the big deal either, and as I am the same nationality and age as Harry, I can confirm he is just being a normal British Teenager.

No action has been taken, except he was givin a guided tour around the clinic, for shock value
Old 01-13-2002, 10:06 AM   #8
Istaron
Banned User

Normal? ell, it isn't normal smoking such stuff.

And the reason they make so big "fuzz" of it, it is because the future king makes an illegal action.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:58 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Normal? ell, it isn't normal smoking such stuff.

And the reason they make so big "fuzz" of it, it is because the future king makes an illegal action.

Ain't illegal where I'm from, my friend

Old 01-13-2002, 01:03 PM   #10
Istaron
Banned User

Yea yea, but you are from Holland, and everybody knows how you are down there.