Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-24-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
Dedzy
The Magister

Hi folks,
More questions from a first time finisher. I don't know if the answers in this post will include spoilers, so for those of you who like to find things out for yourselves, stop here.

Ok, can you get to the main castle level via Ascention Peak before you get your second primary quest item? I am thinking about getting to Ferro this way to buy some premium gear around level 15 without having to first get through Rapax Ridge. I realize that I will still probably need to kill at least 20 rapax to get to him.

By the way, I did the Rapax away camp before doing the Templar quest. That was good fun, and reasonable experience killing all those Rapax. Kind of funny that they all became friends with you after you finish massacring their army.

Thanks!
-Dedzy
Old 03-24-2004, 07:08 AM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

I think the door which closes the room in Ascension Peak where the teleporter takes you from the Rapax Castle only opens from the inside.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Right you are. The door on Ascension Peak can only open from the other side. So there's no way to "sneak" into the Rapax castle from the mountain. You have to go through from the Rapax side first. I suspect that was deliberate just to prevent such a maneuver.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:13 PM   #4
ScottG
Drow Warrior

with stealth and chameleon though it is possible to sneak into Ferro's, (Otter mentioned that he would do it all the time for his beloved Infinity Helms).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:28 AM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Well, not sneak in, just run (outside of combat) past most potential fights. You probly can't avoid: first fight through the skull (3 Archers and 2 Patrols); 6 Fire Ants; 2 Archers and maybe some friends; the Initiates accross the hanging bridge. From there you can avoid everything until the two Archers at the entrance to Courtyard, and maybe two more Archers in the courtyard, but they almost never block the way, so you can usually avoid all enemies in the Courtyard by combat-running to the Castle door. Then there's the Throne Room. Death Bomb. Still a big fight, but once it's over, you can get through the Templar bit without any more fights. My record for this is L11 with a Trio, but there are no Infy Helms until L15, so it was kinda wasted.
And yes, i used to be Otter. When i got my new PC i had forgotten my password and found it easier to just register anew.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:48 AM   #6
ScottG
Drow Warrior

so otter was "scatter-ed" to the 4 winds eh?

yup, I knew "sneak" was a little euphamistic. I've done it several times myself.. the real problem is getting the items in the quantity you want - if you snooze near fero for him to restock items then you run a serious risk of "bye-bye" fero (of course you can always go down and get shut-eye in the storage room with the tanning bed).

oh, and you can re-register with the same name here (I've done it).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:36 AM   #7
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

That sleeping problem is why i go to the Templar bit first. No danger of losing Ferro when everything walking around is green.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:28 AM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
My record for this is L11 with a Trio, but there are no Infy Helms until L15, so it was kinda wasted.
That is wrong. Maybe you just had bad luck.

I played twice with a party called 'infinity casters'. I had priest, samurai and alchemist (among others). At level 11, i stopped levelling, i went to rapax rift. I think i had enough experience for level 12-13 when i reached ferro, but didn't take them. Ferro did have Infinity Helmet (and all other nice stuff, except The Mauler).
I cleared most of the rapax areas, and did some other stuff, until i had enough xp for 5 levels Then i took the levels, switching my pure speccasters to hybrids. I continued to play them like pure spellcasters, but with big mana regeneration.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote