Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 02:41 AM   #1
D*Ranged

After laying off this game for 3 1/2 years, I found myself to remember most of BG related stuff but COMPLETELY clueless (In other words forgotten) which order Ulgoth's beard quests were done best or whether it was better to start at chapter 5 or 7. Anyone care to refresh my badly rusted memory and know-how of this game? Please?

P.S. I HATE DURLAG'S TOWER SO MUCH!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I usually do them in the order from shortest/easiest to longest/hardest, Ice Island first, then Balduran Island, then Durlag's Tower.

And I do them just before starting Baldur's Gate city, after finishing all of the outside areas.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I do Ice Island, Durlag's Tower, then the Island.

I do them before returning to Baldur's Gate City.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hmmm... I always loved Durlag's Tower. I've often wished more of the game were like that.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I did Durlag's Tower first to get some weapons that kick those Greater Wolfwere's asses.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #6
Mahokenshi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sometimes I do the ice island as early as chapter 4, after doing all the wilderness areas and before going off to cloakwood. But that's only if I have a thief VERY good at disarming traps already.

Otherwise I do everything in chapter 7. From a story telling point of view, it makes sense for your party to "lie low" from the main story line for a while then anyway. I go in the order of ice island, wolf island, then Durlag's tower.
Mahokenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #7
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Same for me, Ice Island -> Balduran Island -> Durlag's Tower. From easy to difficult. Also, I usually do them somewhere in between completing all the BG City quests, because that becomes kind of boring after a while imo. But keep in mind: don't go to The Tower before you cured yourself of Marek's poison.
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote