Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-01-2003, 04:37 PM   #1
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

hi once again people havent had much luck lately old system 98 died so thought id update abit to ME the old wizards is running alot better and i hope it continues that way but my problem at the moment is ive got passed the giant garlic crushers and ive come across the the wheels of misfortune and no mater what i try i cant get over round or thru the bloody things can any body help me out please thanks sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Are you in Vargul's gauntlet? If you are talking about the wheels I think you are I usually run right through them. Seems to work for me. Otherwise it is possible to time the arms so that you first can slip through one passage, then back as little as possible and get through the wheels on the next passage. With passage I mean the distance one arm travels before it meets another. AFAIK you can't jump over them.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:39 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I agree with Willow... if you're not in the Gauntlet, I'm not sure where you are... [img]smile.gif[/img]

What I've found effective for going through there is to aim myself for one side (so I'm not really getting whacked by two of 'em), then wait for the bar to pass. Run forward as fast as I can until I either get through, or run into the next bar. Keep running, which gives me damage and also prevents the bar from moving, until the bar on the other side has passed. Then side-step to that one, run, and repeat. Eventually, I make it through.

This is also a prime location for Mama's best rules on life in the Gael Serran, as seen in my sig.

If you're not in the gauntlet, please give us a better idea of where you are.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:25 AM   #4
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

SORRY FELLAS I SHOULD HAVE EXPLAINED MYSELF BETTER IM WORKING MY WAY THRU THE BOOGER TUNNELS SO IM NOT SURE IF ITS WHERE YOUR TALKING ABOUT BUT THINK IT IS THANKS FOR THE HELP ILL GET BACK TO YOU ON MY PROGRESS THANKS HEAPS SAGTATTMAN
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:56 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes Vargul's gauntlet is his training course for his warriors. And it's in the boogre prison. Just keep trying, sooner or later you'll get through and I promise you, you won't know how you did it.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:09 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I believe you refer to the horizontal wheels. I have had much succes sidestepping through those wheels, as Bungleau also suggested.

That was until my last play-through of the game where I discovered that one can actually jump on top of the wheels. It looks as if there is not enough space between the wheels and the ceiling - but there is. I led my party with my smallest character at the time. Perhaps that was why I was able to do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 11:08 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Not being the best at things such as the gauntlet, the technique I used was to look slightly up and run and jump at the same time and go as fast as I could. Sometimes I ended up on the wheels. As I recall, I was generally a major mess by the time I got through but it did work.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote